iPad Ancient Legion - MMORPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordCrom, Mar 30, 2009.

1. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    well, it's not in English so I'm gonna miss this 1, looks interesting though

2. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Kinda silly putting this game out in the US App store since it's not yet available in English.

3. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm always highly suspect of games that tend to show load screens and menus over actual gameplay screenshots.

4. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    you keep picking all the most random apps and posting them today:p

5. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I still wonder why that's all many of the iPhone "MMO" games show. Are those entire games menu-driven? I haven't tried any of them yet.

6. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Those "menus" you are seeing are the actual games. Games like iMafia and such are that way. They just shows stats and pictures and text, not actual gameplay.

7. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    lol those characters on the first screen shot remind me of the barbarian and that amazon woman from diablo

8. Christopher

Christopher Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. That does not sound very enticing, though. I'll wait for WATCHMEN: Justice is Coming to get its kinks worked out and add some new features- that looks like it has real potential!

Ancient Legion appears then like another menu-driven MMO. Judging from those screenshots, it looks like it has been fairly polished however- and with comic-style storytelling too!

9. PimpToxie

PimpToxie Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Graphic/Web Designer
    Clifton Park, NY
    The big question is: is it in english?

Edit: judging by their website, I'd say it's definitely not in english.

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Just saw this a little while ago in the "new games" section. But it's not available in the US store, so obviously if it was it's been pulled from this region.

I was just interested based on the name of the game. "Ancient Legion" could be anything, but I was hoping for an SRPG or action/adventure game (ala Castlevania) based on the icon.

But, apparently, just another one of those MMORPGs that are like iMafia.

BTW...here's a trailer for the game:

[hqyoutube]IrH-DxN-ioU[/hqyoutube]

That trailer, even though it has no gameplay, had me all hyped up thinking this was a strategy game or SRPG.

But, nope...another menu based MMORPG that I'll never really get into. Ho hum.