Universal Ancient Legacy - Game Stew

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ScotDamn, Nov 28, 2014.

1. iMikos

iMikos Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Am I bad at this game? I don't get too far. I die and restart a lot. Seeing that people finished it, wow. What am I doing wrong?

2. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I don't think you are just bad. There are several layers of difficulty including permadeath, diminishing resources, sudden unavoidable death scenarios, and varying degrees of difficulty in the different areas. Game Stew games typically require a lot of strategy and repetition to stay alive and this one seems no different. Thankfully, there is so much to explore, so many secrets and elements of randomness that each new game unfolds new possibilities and experiences.

3. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I think it's just a matter of accumulating knowledge of the boards and making better or safer decisions in the future.

4. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I just had the game freeze. I was at the lava pit and killed the first enemy... I also got three notifications about finishing quests (ore, kill three bad guys, etc) and then when it went back to my character in the center the dice never appeared and everything is greyed out...

Darn I was "on a roll" too! Sorry for the bad pun.

IPad Air 2 with 8.1

5. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Sorry for the bug, we will check it immediately.

6. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Here is some hint, hope it helps your journey
    1. Travel on the main board until you build outpost and market
    2. Collect some gold and buy some item to help your journey
    3. Use fly to across enemies or fly to the square you want to land
    4. Always keep several health potion in your bag
    5. Gold is important, always save at least 100 gold for re-roll!
    6. There are several difficulty in different map, you can explore them by difficulty(or not, it' challenging!)
    7. Check our previous post on FB to know the difficulty of each map
    8. Leave the map if it's too hard for you right now
    9. Build the camp in the wild, it helps to restore your HP
    10. Bring enough lamp before you explore the Lake town, Dragon Cave and the last stage

7. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    This is all really good advice. I was dying like crazy too and then I decided to simply farm ther starting map for a bit, building my camp, getting items that lowed me to carry more ore and meat, and lucking into encounters that increased my attack. 9 attack is the cap btw. Once you're up in your attack power, you can easily plot through the game.

As I mentioned though, following the above advice will make your life a lot easier. Cheers!

8. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    The difficulty chart especially helps. Took me awhile to find it on facebook though, so I'll summarize it here.

1. Main Map
    2. Mermaid Coast
    3. Lake Town and Lava Pit
    4. Dragon Cave
    5. Final Area

I'd previously been struggling through Lake Town right off the bat since that's the first area you can enter and couldn't help but feel I just didn't have the stats to get through it efficiently.

9. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Update version is released, fixed some minor bug and add 2 free heroes. :)

10. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I wanted to add that after the game froze I had to restart it and I was right back where I had been and lost absolutely nothing... So that's a small bug that I can certainly live with.

Great game... I wasn't sure if I would like the dice rolling mechanic but along with the other options in the gameplay I'm certainly enjoying it.

Game Stew =. Good stuff!

11. Xerdoz

Xerdoz Member

Jan 28, 2014
    I took lava pit last, dragon cave to me felt alot easier then lava pit.
    I finished the game on second attempt, the wizard made it easy tbh except for the boss fights wich where a bit much rng but didn't take long with items. Don't think the entire runthrought took more then 3h.
    The quests tho was a bit buggy, not the "collect" ones but the kill ones.
    Some quests completed randomly after changin area and I finished, the "enter the last area" quests finished when I arrived there after my first back to the main area.
    Otherwise a decent game but a bit to short and to me to little new content when getting further into the game.
    The dif areas tho where fun and a few of them challenging.

12. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Question and comments for devs:
    1. is there any additional loot or quest item for destroying the second ship in mermaid coast? I am playing as a wizard and am wondering if it's worth trying to roll 1-2 for the self damage. It's tough since with two dice, both need to be 1-2.

2. "wondering" wizard/ranger etc should probably be "wandering". Please change O to A.

3. The explanation for dice switching with the dark wizard is a bit confusing.

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #53 drelbs, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    1) To me the dragon cave was 'harder' because you constantly lose HP, but by the time I was there I was loaded up on +2 HP potions and was mostly flying around

2) I definitely saw they buggy achievements. I know for a fact that it gave me the sail one after I got back. Although in retrospect, are the side quests specific to each area? That might explain 'extra' ones appearing when you don't expect them. Also earning gold from one quest can complete the earn gold quests...

3) Items very much make the end game fairly straightforward and easy. The only real difficulty that ramps up is the appearance of Horrors, which you can fly to/stomp/walk back to camp and buy more items... A simple change that would actually make this process a little harder would be to make you fly/walk to the end-game location, as it currently is you get to exit the end-game, buy items and go right back in one fell swoop.

4) Since you can pretty much grind for score, it'd be nice to either see a fewest number of turns leaderboard, or a some sort of a score divided by turns to reward people for finishing the game quickly.

My final score:

[​IMG]