Universal Ananias Fellowship (by Slashware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Feb 23, 2017.

1. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    add me guys too pin: 59884 (cid).

2. retroboy27

retroboy27 Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Male
    Data Analyst
    Ohio, USA
    70032 here (Alpacalypse)

3. retroboy27

retroboy27 Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Male
    Data Analyst
    Ohio, USA
    That's odd, it's on by default on my 6+. I wonder why it doesn't do that for everyone. I even have my volume all the way down by habit and it was still set to on in the game.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I'm on 6s plus and every time so far I hAve had to do it or no sound

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #25 Repulsa, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    It has a great uI for iPad users that's what I've been playing it on. Not too small at all
    Add me too guys my pin is 93060

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Thanks, that's what I needed to push me over the edge. Its fine in landscape mode. my pin is 41175.

7. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #27 gmattergames, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    The nostalgia is charming, and some interesting mechanics applied, but the gameplay lacks depth and so far, feels just above mediocre. While new, more challenging mobs appear each level and gear drops aligned to the increasing difficulty, levels are repetitive, with little or no variation: clear rooms, find the rune (key), get to the portal (exit), repeat. While this is the standard crawler approach, each level feels like a reconfiguration of the last; no mystery, no puzzles (that I've encountered), no reward for exploring or examining the environment other than text descriptions. Be nice if there were secret rooms, puzzles, more dynamic npc interactions, merchants, etc. perhaps these exist later on.

Inventory is frustrating, requiring almost as much thought and effort as combat itself, as you constantly have to decide what to keep or drop; perhaps might be tolerable if merchants were accessible. Either way, consumables and mats should stack, or even be stored in separate bags; an herb takes as much space as a set of armor?

Perhaps I've not given it enough time, or delved deep enough, but after 10 levels, I'm losing interest.

8. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    gmattergames, my thoughts exactly. Why have crypt niches, bookcases and tables etc and nothing on or in them.
    Simply a missed opportunity to use the environments more wisely. Everyone loves to find secret rooms.

For me, I just run to an exit and take on the enemy one at a time. Rinse and repeat.

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I also wish there was more depth it has the friendliest UI but not as much variety as it could have

10. slashware

slashware New Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Hello all, developer here!

Sound issue will be fixed for next release

Secret rooms and more interactive level features are tricky because I don't want people to have to tap every single wall and every tomb or showcase in the level trying to find something secret. It's more likely that some puzzles may be implemented for this to work better but it's definitively on the list.

Please feel free to post any other comments you have about the game.

11. abcgi

abcgi Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Game Designer
    Cyberspace
    Hey, great to see the dev on here. Great game - old school but with unique stuff (not just a copy of other RogueLikes).

Lots of replayability and very challenging to win with all the different classes. Some really cool ideas I've never seen in other RLs.

Glad to hear updates are coming. My code is 73747

12. slashware

slashware New Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Hi all!

I just released a new version (2.2) addressing most of the issues pointed out here. :)

Work continues making the game better everytime!

13. Rocco SE

Rocco SE Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Male
    Modern Mime Artist
    Austria
    I love the fact that the dev is still updating this gem. Just found out about this yesterday, and I think it‘s one of the few great classic roguelikes on iOS, next to the Pixel Dungeon games, Pathos, Cavern and the now delisted Cardinal Quest II. This is a keeper now!