Amplitube iRig

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SparkyBlue, Sep 6, 2010.

1. SparkyBlue

SparkyBlue Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    Still at school
    Bonnie old Scotland
    I bought the iRig for my iPod and I am wondering

Is there any apps other than the standard Amplitube App(s) that work with it?
    Does it work with AmpKit?
    Does anyone know if Hard To Find is a reliable site?
    Thanks

2. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    #2 fluffyguitarist, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
    yeah it'll work with any amplification apps like AmpKit. IK is cool and doesn't lock you unlike another company *cough* Avid/DigiDesign *cough*

and i would just stick to guitar center for dj stuff

3. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

There are several apps.

Ampkit does work and is very good. Actually in my opinion its better - more variety in sound and same quality plus you can record both dry and wet. Its also got a much cleaner and easy to use interface. But it is be pretty expensive if you want a lot of gear, but you can try the free version.

I also like Amps & Cabs. Its quite basic in comparison, but sounds good and is really easy to use. Also their guys told me via email that they'll be adding recording features in an upcoming update.

I've also tried iShred Live and PocketAmp, both are no where near as good sounding, feature rich or easy to use.

Here's a good comparison of the irig & ampkit at Ars Technica.

4. fluffyguitarist

fluffyguitarist Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm CEO, bitch.
    Stuck in Limbo
    you can record with all of them, as long as you have the iRig thing that plugs in, instead of headphones you take a 1/8 to a 1/4 and plug in to your interface and then you can record

5. ikmultimedia

ikmultimedia New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    ..and now we have recording and reamping built in, plus it sounds even better with DSP including some derived directly from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS (even more of our vast audio experience above the others in the iPhone amp sim arena, since we have 10+ years in making guitar gear simulation and already had 11 apps that produced audio in the App Store while the others had apps but not audio production apps until their sim was out...). More details below.

We've updated to 2.0 with some incredible improvements. There's a DSP update that includes some derived directly from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS to really make it sound awesome. There's also a ton of free updates like SpeedTrainer (note that there are full apps that charge for this functionality), 1-track recording and reamping, Preset Naming, direct import from iTunes library, export WAV or MP3, I/O level adjustments, 50-song import now, etc. Check it out at http://www.amplitube.com/iphone

6. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Just ordered the iRig. Looking forward to having a good mess about.

7. khanjar211

khanjar211 New Member

Jul 8, 2011
    dongeon hunter 2

Can you help me
    how one removes Wall of Fire by notherlands and light earth temple