Amoebattle now free on freemyapps.com

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by dalbertson, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #1 dalbertson, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    I've been saving up my points in freemyapps for a decent game and this came along, thought I'd pass it on. Freemyapps is a service that gives you points for downloading free apps, you can then trade those points in for paid games/apps. Here is the itunes link for Amoebattle here is the link to freemyapps

2. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    JunoWallet got pulled.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Just tried nabbing it on freemyapps, and though it's listed, it says not available when I try to download. Hopefully, it becomes available soon, though. That'd be a nice savings. I've had about 1300 credits saved up and been waiting for something worthwhile to download.

Thanks for the heads-up.

4. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I got it last night.
    The game is priced in the AppStore at $5, so compared to the other fraps selections it is a really good value.

Definitely grab it quick if it comes back up ....

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Awesome pick-up for just 800 FMA creds. Thanks for the heads up. Should be a fun RTS. Probably the fifth "good" one on the iOS after 3 years and a half. Looking forward to skirmish/multiplayer in the future.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Honestly not sure this belongs in this forum, but I'll bite.

How legit is this site? Has anyone had any issues with it? I know you give them access to your device id, but still worry about them somehow getting into your iTunes account, etc.

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    It seems legit. I can't be sure..but it I think installs a cookie (or something similar) in Safari to make sure you actually download and run a game, and to maintain your account. You can always go to Safari settings and reset all site preference or something to get rid of it. I tried resetting and it seems to work so next time visiting the site, it asked to install the cookie again. I've gotten some apps from them.

8. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I researched them a while back before signing up, and though I can't remember the parent company offhand, I do remember seeing that FMA is a subsidiary of a reputable advertising firm. Take that for what it's worth, though, as I don't trust any company very much, no matter how big they are or how long they've been around.

The access you grant to FMA allows them to monitor how much time you've spent with the apps you download in order to verify you've completed the allotted 30-second time with each promo app.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    As long as they aren't storing anything like my iTunes password/credit card, I'm fine with that. And I'm assuming none of you have seen any strange charges to your iTunes account.

Anyway, tried it for the first time for Run Run Roo so I'll see how that goes.

Right now quite a few of the points are gained from iPad only apps so I have no idea how I could rack up a lot of points. I assume the offers change somewhat regularly.

Sorry for the diversion...happy Amoebattle gaming for those who get it!

10. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I racked up enough credits to get Amoebattle, but it isn't currently available. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a game to become available again or should I not expect it to be available and shift my focus onto another game?

11. I've gotten at least 3 apps already from FMA, so it seems to be legit. It doesn't ask for any personal info beyond installing a profile on your phone.

12. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    it is Fiksu if i am not mistaken.

anyways i too can vouch for FMA.. i got Goodreader, GarageBand and iMovie from it. yeah i had to download and run a LOT of apps to get the credits for them, but i see this as a win-win situation, and as a side bonus some of the sponsor apps are actually quite good and i still use them.

but now i'm curious about junowallet... does that work?

13. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Not enough credits(been spending them on Smash Cops and others), but once more sponsor apps are up, I'll definitely spend my credits on this one :) Would buy it myself, but I got like 2-3$ left so.

Also, Infinity Blade is on sale for 260 credits!

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same, gotten like 6 apps already.

15. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Yeah FMA is a good site. Pretty reputable so far. I collected a bunch of credits and a couple of apps. I don't much care for Junowallet though. Too much spam around appstore reviews. And I heard it's pretty hard to actually gather enough points to exchange for itunes cards.

16. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    You can always erase cookies to uninstall FMA's installation or whatever they asked you to install in the first place. It's exactly like clearing your history, cookie setting when visiting websites. How the FMA is tracking you will be in the same fashion as how websites tracked you.

I mean thats how they know I have been trying out their sponsored app for more than 30 seconds before rewarding the points.

Check out their facebook or twitter for their contests too.

17. fumbles

fumbles Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I got a few free apps off it but as I only have one iOS device it took forever to earn enough points. Eventually I just gave up. I'd rather just buy the app instead of downloading dozens of useless ones to get it free.

18. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Guys, the price of Infinity Blade II has just been lowered to 800 pts there! Just downloadin it!

19. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah, if you're not up to checking the site regularly it will take you some time to have enough credit for anything.

Personally I check at least a couple times daily as part of my regular 'net rounds.

I only have one device, but since joining in mid-January I've got :
    Infinity Blade
    Infinity Blade II
    Where's My Water
    Cut the Rope
    iMovie
    Lets Draw Something
    Angry Birds Space
    Ameobattle

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Omg..thanks!

Yeah, for the deals, there usually seems to be a limited supply so grab it when you can. =D