iPad Amazon Survival

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Devilishly Good, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #1 Devilishly Good, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    itunes link - 99 cents

Amazon Survival

Welcome to the jungle! Now you can finally enjoy this smash hit game on the iPhone. With over 50 million game plays on the web in 3 months this is an online classic in a portable format brought to you by the worlds biggest skill games community - King.com.

Amazon Survival is played in the deep rain forest surrounding the Amazon river. Your goal is to bring the blocks down so they are all beneath the surface. Save animals by bringing them down to the water for extra points. Enjoy the classic Time Attack mode and the all new Survival mode for more fun ways to enjoy this great puzzle game.

GAME RULES

Drop blocks to make groups of 4 or more of one colour in order to remove all blocks above the surface. You will move on to the next level when all blocks and animals are below the water line.

Power ups:
    The Colour Bomb is created when you make a 3-step or more combo. When used in a combo, the Colour Bomb will remove all blocks of its colour.

The Line Blast is created when you make a combo with 6 or more blocks. When used in a combo, it will remove a horizontal line. Be careful not to use this when you have animals on that line, or they will be lost!

Only two power ups can be stored at any time, so if you create more than two powerups at the same time, the latest one will be stored.

Black Blocks: The Black Blocks are only in your way. You cannot make combos with them, and the only way to get rid of them is by using line blasts. Black Blocks do not appear on the first levels, but get more and more common as you reach later levels.

GAME CONTROLS

Hold your finger on the screen and move it sideways to select which column to drop your next block in. Release the finger to drop. You can also switch place on the two blocks in the top block holder by clicking on it with your finger.

STRATEGY

Think before you drop your blocks, a long chain is worth a lot, both for the points and the powerups it will create. Work from the sides when possible. The score is increased for every level, but so is the amount of black blocks. This means that the first levels are more valuable than you might think.

Look for chains of 3 steps or more to create the precious colour bombs. Use your line blasts wisely, and don’t just drop them off where they cannot be used to create combos.

--------------------------------------------------------------

GAME HIGHLIGHTS

2 Game modes: Time Attack and Survival
    Local highscore list to keep track of your achievements
    OS 3.0 compatibale
    Multiple sound tracks
    Multiple block design to discover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is video of the PC version:

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    now this looks interesting.

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    interesting game but kudos for you Devil for always finding the time to update us on new game

4. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, i spend way too much time in front of my computer :rolleyes:

5. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I saw the title I thought I was gonna come in here and find an app about wrestling anacondas and swimming with piranha lol. Anyways I may go for this but have to hear a few impressions first

6. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yup, agreed

7. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    anyone TOFTT i would but too tired to play games, il buy it later if knowone does and give my input

8. SilverScarab

SilverScarab Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Are both of the game modes timed?

9. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    did anyone TOFTT this?

10. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    nope, but i want to toftt but i dont feel like getting dissapointed like i was last night(twice)

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
  12. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
  13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I played it without making an account, however it only let me play one round. It was pretty entertaining. I think I might get it, not sure....

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #14 pluto6, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    It's late - but if still no one has TOFTT tomorrow, I'll probably do it. Game overall looks pretty good. Another variant on the match 3... Love it.

Tried on the web site - and although good, Im not sure that this is that much different from many other matching gem type games...

15. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    uhhh....should i:confused:

16. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...sure :)

17. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    No i'm not going to listen to the Devil, go back to hell:p

18. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    which two did you get that were a dissapointment?

19. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Crosak and Apache storm(but this will be amazing once they fix the controls imho)

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I played the web version - not registered - but certainly I did not think - gotta have this - graphics are nice, but essentially it is a connect 4 by dropping 1 jewel at a time in the correct place. Make combos for powerups...

Was not excitingly different. Maybe Im missing something I don't know, but I think probably good, but won't replace any of your favorites..