Am I the only one who thinks the new Palm Pre commercials are ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Squirt Reynolds, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    You know the ones with the albino-ish woman looking deeply into the camera and talking about reincarnation, and some jibberish about catching green lights while driving.

I personally have never owned, nor have I even picked up a Palm Pre. For all I know, they're great phones (I have my doubts).

But this new joke of an ad campaign is so bad, it's laughable. I know they've been dominated by Apple in the smartphone market, but are they so desperate that they'll try these "spirtual" ads, that are basically suggesting that the Palm Pre will change your life?

Wow.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
  3. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of that thread.

Plus, I just started seeing the ads on TV, so I thought they were new.

4. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I know!!!!!:)

That commercial is so stupid, im so annoyed by that song, and i doubt palm can do anything with apps as half as good as iphone has done with them.
    I cant believe All these other phone commercials are being made, saying there phones are app friendly, these phone companies already know that iphone is the best phone and going to be for a long time but they still bother with these dumb commercials! Plus, whats with all these iphone wannabe phones with horrible touch screens like instinct or that google phone?

5. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Haha me and my gf were both making fun of the commercial just a few hours ago..

6. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Your GF?

[​IMG]

7. jt09

jt09 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    nope a girlfriend.. a hot one i may add :)

8. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
  9. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    While I agree the ads are stupid, I'd also have to say Apple isn't too smart either when it comes to phones.

The original iPhone is absolute crap and they rushed it beyond belief, leaving out basic phone features like video recording and GPS that actually works. Plus, it overheats like crazy.

The 3G didn't fix anything but add 3G connectivity, but you have to pay a bucketload to upgrade just for that.

The 3GS is starting to get some things right, even though it still overheats. At least it does some things every other phone in the world does beside the other two iPhones. I would never ride that Apple roller coaster, whenever something needs upgraded can you upgrade a part? No you have to get a whole other machine. They make money because they feed the people's "I want something new now" mentality.

I'd never buy anything from Apple besides a touch because they will rush their products and con their customers for money.