Universal Alto's Odyssey (By Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Feb 21, 2018.

1. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Great game so far but i'll echo the sentiments about the walkie talkie drops. It's frustrating to miss them because they fall too slow

Also, not sure if anyone has touched on this, but i'm not a fan of the luck based objectives. It took me several days to complete the one where you have to do a double backflip while being accompanied by 2 birds of paradise. It seems every level has at least one of these and it bugs me

I'd rather have objectives that required lots of playtime but where you'd make steady progress instead of having to hope the RNG gives you the right conditions to complete it

2. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Any tips for bouncing on 4 balloons in one combo? (I have done it before, somewhat randomly, but is there any trick to it?)

3. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014

You can wingsuit between balloons, and it'll still count.

4. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Collect a Lotus Flower While Wingsuiting

And tips/suggestions?
    Any time I get close enough to the ground to grab one, I switch from flying to sliding, and it doesn't work.

5. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I'm having a similar problem with "coin"collecting while using the wingsuit. Pain.

6. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Coin collecting is easy...just wait until you get a coin magnet, then wingsuit.

7. zeuhl

zeuhl Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Don’t fly. Hit the lotus flower while sliding, then immediately switch to flying during the animation where the lotus flower comes to you.

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Just beat my best combo, 22120! I don’t even know how I did it, bounced on many balloons. What’s your best combo?

Attached Files:

9. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    With the new updates to this game, there are many improvements and optimization. :D

10. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Just finished all 180 goals! I didn’t like the “survive 2 full days with Alto” one. It seems like the devs think we use Maya and Sumara too much.
    Oh well at least it wasn’t “Survive 2 full days with Paz.”

Anyhow, really enjoyed the game.

11. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Update?

Are the packages dropping faster in the new update?
    Because I'm having a really hard time catching three of them in the air with the wing suit to finish off level 59.

12. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    According to the update details, it's adjusted. :)

13. zeuhl

zeuhl Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Just did 101’475, multiplier was 33. Finished all objectives but keep playing, really love this game.

14. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Ugh

The only thing that has really disappointed me about this game is having to use Alto for the final objective. It's like driving a bus after getting used to a sports car. Ick.

15. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Level 59 glitch?

Just got 450K points, but didn't get credit for the "Score 350,000 points in one run" goal.
    Anyone else have this issue?

16. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Yet again, answering my own question.
    Apparently you need 350,000 Trick Points, not total points, even though it doesn't specifically say that.
    Finally got it...now all I need is that damn two days with Alto objective.

17. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    For some reason, every time I hurtle down from a slope and come to a ramp just before a chasm, it doesn’t gain enough momentum every time for me to land across and I would fall into the chasm. This was never a problem for me in Alto’s Adventure. I’m not sure if it’s because I am playing as Maya? :confused:

18. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    If you're not exaggerating, then yeah, there's some sort of problem.
    Post a video...

19. laz

laz Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I played the first one, it was very relaxing. The weather system in the game blew me away, they create some incredible atmospheres on such a small screen. It's quite impressive. The gameplay wasn't all that interesting though, I got bored of it pretty quickly.

20. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I don’t even know how what I said was considered exaggerating but posting a video won’t be that simple considering that the game runs pretty randomly.