Universal Alto's Odyssey (By Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Feb 21, 2018.

1. jrd

jrd Active Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Compass works without fee?

Hey!

Anyone else noticed that the compass works without ever having to pay the fee?

If you select the biome you want, and then decline the fee (also works if you don't have enough coins), I think it's about the second run you do it should have switched to the new selected biome.

Anyone else get this?

2. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I like it, no avalanches is great, feels more relaxed. The nuances in art and music are great.

Perfect on iPad.
    Shop item description text too small for me to read on iPhone X, is it my eyes or just really small?

3. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    #83 dukat111, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    My progress doesn't sync between iPhone and iPad, not coins gathered or levels/objectives.

Cloud Sync is checked on both devices and I killed the app process and restarted.

Any other suggestions?

PS. Is there mifi support? Would be nice to sit back and relax, not cover the screen with my finger. Nimbus should arrive in a few days.

Thanks

4. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Ok I've "backflip to rail kiss" like 20 times now and it refuses to register.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I'm hitting just the last tiny little bit of the last rail in a row after a backflip. Doesn't register.

Help!

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Seriously this is getting really frustrating- is it bugged?
    I keep landing these, I'm getting good at it now, but it just won't register!

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  7. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010

8. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    #88 akindc, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Stuck on Level 44

Any tips on "Bounce between 4 balloons in one combo"?

Edit: Never mind, got it right after posting of course. Wing-suited between the balloons when the bounces were a little off. Worked.

9. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Level 36, getting harder now.

10. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'll try it after work. However, if this is a glitch, the dev will remove it soon. Purchasing the Biome is a waste of 4,000 gold coins. It would be worth it (maybe) if I didn't have to pay for the other biomes. There should've been some kinda fair warning before purchasing.

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    What’s Izel’’s benifit?

12. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    She can flip faster than Alto and Paz, outspeed Maya with her rocket sandboard, and she has the best wingsuit control of any character in the game.

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I DIdnt mind buying This game at all but I think they could have made much more money with free to play model and the $5 Iap to make the game full ad free.
    Hopefully they do this at some point to make more money because they deserve it with all the hard work put into this game.
    5stars hands down.

14. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Great game

This game is really great. Funny and cool graphics

15. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    I honestly think that I would have quit this game long time ago if it was free to play. I am sure Alto’s Adventure is already free to play on android because a lot of people pirate the game to get it for free (so immature) I am pretty sure Alto’s Odyssey will be free to play on there as well.
    Alto’s Adventure sold well on iOS too.

But the rest, I agree. Amazing game, already one of the bests of 2018. Better than Adventure in every way (I still like Adventure)

16. Maslan266

Oct 14, 2017
    Yeah, I was a little disappointed when I found out that you had to pay another 1000 coins to visit a biome :/

At least in the zen mode, I think you should be able to visit any biome you want and stay there forever. The temples are my favorite biome in the game.

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Exactly - easily my most played character. Once you get used to her flip speed it's so fun. That speed is addictive.
    My only problem using her is that I spend most of the time in the air, and occasionally come out of the clouds over a chasm and just splat without warning. #

18. altosadventure

altosadventure Well-Known Member

Compass Fee

Hey there!

We've just tested this on our end, and when you press "cancel" after attempting to travel to a biome, we aren't taken to the biome anyway. As silly as it sounds to ask (as I know this is a perk you might want to keep, hehe): would it be possible to get a video or more details on this in action? You can email us at [email protected] :)

In the meantime, for those wondering about the overall cost of the compass: we did do extensive testing with lower cost levels, but found that players actually felt very detached from their play experience, feeling instead as if they were spending more time in menus rather than exploring the game itself. However, if it’s of any consolation, we are experimenting internally and discussing the idea of elongating the time a player spends in a given biome after traveling there - in addition to making it clearer in the compass' description what the per-biome travel cost will be upon purchase.

19. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Have to agree with the walkie talkie boost comment.
    The game is awesome didn’t think I would enjoy it that much considering I own the original.

The only 2 issues that bug me are the walkie talkie drops coming down way too slowly and also the fact that all of the other special items drop on the ground, discouraging you from jumping onto vines etc

20. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    It is fantastic and wonderful!