Universal Alto's Odyssey (By Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Feb 21, 2018.

1. James Blakely

James Blakely Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Apple doesn't give the option to remove the X's home bar... Yet.

2. James Blakely

James Blakely Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Re: Force touch features - You can force press to activate the wingsuit instead of moving your finger to the on-screen GUI to whip out that feature

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I asked my wife today if we could redecorate our apartment to look like Alto’s Odessey. It wasn’t a hard no. ;)

4. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Certainly is a magical ride!

Only wish it had ReplayKit... would love to record some of those Gorgeous Rides. :eek:

5. Shimm5

Shimm5 Active Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Yes indeed.

Smoothly beautiful settings... with very much the same gameplay :(

6. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Alto's Adventure has never left my phone or iPad, and now that I have Odyssey, I've no doubt that it too will be permanent. Odyssey is more beautiful than Adventure (high compliment), but I can fire up either one and get lost in the ultra smooth, addictive gameplay, and I don't need Zen mode to do it.

No regrets here. Sure, there's more of the same, but there's plenty more on top of that. Am I a fanboy? Yup.

7. altosadventure

altosadventure Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Hi everyone!

Eli here from Team Alto.

I've read all the comments & feedback, and we're so humbled by all the warm words.

For us, Alto's Odyssey was very much a labour of love about capturing a specific feeling that we all felt deeply as a team. Our lives have changed so much since the release of Alto's Adventure, with many of us moving away from our homes to new locations, and we wanted to bottle that feeling of learning to see "home" as somewhere new, and convey it through the journey of Alto and his friends.

I'd love to answer any questions you have, and of course if there are any concerns or bugs, just let me know & I'm happy to relay them to the team for fixing.

8. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Hello Eli from Team Alto!

I’ve been playing Odyssey, like many of us here, since it came out and it’s been a great experience. I do have a few questions if you don’t mind answering them.

1. Has Team Alto thought about adding collectibles to the game that could be littered throughout the world. Once the artifact(s) are assembled could give a piece of story about the characters / location beyond the initial background.

2. I know it’s kinda ridiculous to ask especially since Odyssey just got released but are expansions / DLC something that Team Alto has thought about for later on in the lifespan of the game , weighing the pros and cons.

3. What are your favorite endless runners besides the Alto games?

9. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Love both games. Well done on a fantastic work of art. Please can you let us know if you are planning to add a feature where we can add friends to the leaderboards as GameCenter seems to have removed this feature. I would
    love to compare high scores.

Also love the idea by JasonLL about collectibles in game. I hope you will continue to support this game (after a well deserved break!) like you had with Adventure.

10. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Ahh no problem, and congrats on the release!

11. altosadventure

altosadventure Well-Known Member

These are such great questions, Jason! Thanks so much for the kind words - it means a lot to hear you're enjoying the game.

1. This is definitely an interesting idea, and we certainly considered the idea of physical collectibles littered throughout the game world. This isn't something we decided to move ahead with during design, but we're always humbled to know people are keen to find out more about the world of Alto as they play, and I'll definitely take this suggestion back to the team to chat about.

2. Not a ridiculous ask at all! Rather, a flattering one. From our perspective, we see the Alto universe as a place we'd want to return as long as it's one that resonates with players. We don't have anything to announce about expansions or added content for Odyssey at the moment, but we'll be sure to keep everyone updated here on TA if & when that's the case.

3. Great question! Personally, I have a couple that stand out. Tiny Wings, of course, looms tall as one of the most influential in the space and which to me still serves as the gold standard for the type of runner Alto sits in the mold of. However, on the other side of the spectrum, I love runners that experiment with form and function in interesting ways like PinOut and Fotonica!

12. James Blakely

James Blakely Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Screen record

Heading into settings and adding screen record to your control center works in a pinch - I would love to see such a feature added in game one day too

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Def Love the game.
    Seemed to be nothing added new to this one though.
    Would have loved to see something new added like collecting some sort of items either physically or maybe hit certain milestones to collect it and ultimately gaining the entire collection after hitting all milestones or something of that nature.
    Game is absolutely amazing still .
    I loved the first so of course I loved this one, just slightly disappointing in no new big feature added.

14. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Sadly, I feel the same.

15. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It is well worth it. I prefer the Odyssey to the Adventure. The value of experience and the ability to pay is subjective. You can wait if the price is too much. Developers have often held discount events. It has just been released. Further expansion packs and updates are expected in the future.:)

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    To the developer.

Any chance of allowing more than one level to be gained within one run.
    Say I complete level 3 objectives during my run, could you make level 4 objectives available as soon as the previous objectives are completed?

17. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    For whatever reason I just can't get a hang of the chasm thing
    During the tutorial I got over it but I don't remember how I did it

18. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Wow thanks! Never knew that existed.

Uhg, could have used that many a time!!!

:cool:

19. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    You can replay the tutorial in settings

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I have a question-
    One of the goals isn't working for me.
    "Kiss the rail (grind the last 4m)"

I've done it about 5 times now and it won't register. Is it a specific type of rail? Do the balloon ropes count as a rail?!
    Stuck...