Universal Alto's Adventure (by Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Feb 19, 2015.

1. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #801 CalinR, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    CTD on startup after the zen mode update

Edit: "fixed" by reinstalling...kinda not ok y'all...for obvious reasons, I don't use iCloud, and don't want to have to use that service to make sure a game works as its intended, -10 points for griffyndor, not too much of a dip, but bout to go update my review

Also didn't realize the level goals STILL only change after the end of the run. Well, now I need to get the goals, intentionally lose, for about an hour or so, just to get to where I was at before I made the mistake of updating a game that hadn't been deleted off my iPad since its release. I remember the community was vocal about changing the way the goals worked, and I'm not sure what happened but after I kept hearing nothing about it from the devs, I stopped reading the thread

2. altosadventure

altosadventure Well-Known Member

3. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Ok, so I can play in Zen mode. How do I get out of Zen mode? Is there any other way than killing the app?

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Click where the pause button usually is and you'll access the pause menu. There is an icon with the symbol of a house. Click on it.

5. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    I've tried that. I just end up at the beginning, still in Zen mode.

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Zen mode is beautiful, just beautiful.. I love it very much.. and I also love the 'reset progress' button that they added in the settings menu.. Such a superb game..

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    And then you swipe from the left side to the right and the original start menu reappears

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Nice update. One of my most played endless runners.

9. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I have tried a number of times to reset the game. It work fine until I leave the game. When I come back to it I am back at Level 40. The game is not on any of the other iOS devices I have. Really want to go back and experience the game from the start again but this issue with iCloud is really starting to annoy me.

10. altosadventure

Announcing: Alto's Odyssey!

Hey all!

Eli here from the Snowman team. Some of you might've seen it on TA today, but for those who haven't, we announced our follow-up to Alto's Adventure, Alto's Odyssey!

We're staying sparing on details, but we do have a thread we've started for Alto's Odyssey over here on the forums.

We plan on staying active throughout the year ahead to help keep the TA community informed of news and info as we have it available. We can't answer a whole ton of questions right now, but feel free to ask away!

Cheers,
    Eli from Snowman

11. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    #811 brianj22, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    I made a super a##hole comment the other night. Dunno if anyone read it. Happy to see I didn't receive any comments in backlash. Psyched for this just hope it comes out soon. At the end of the day, tis just an endless runner.

12. Raro

Raro Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Student
    NZ
    Convinced four friends to buy the game during the latest sale, and we've all been competing against eachother for high scores.

Just wondering if it's possible to add people on gamecenter somehow so we can follow our scores within the app?

I have friends on the leaderboard who I added before the Game Center changes but I believe that Game Center leaderboards, etc. are managed within each app now.

13. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Amazing

Still a fun and an enjoyable game even after 3 years. I also can’t wait for Alto’s Odyssey.

14. altosadventure

Alto's Odyssey is Available Now!

Hey everyone!

Eli here from Team Alto.

First and foremost, I just want to say: to come back to this thread and see that it's at 82 pages is such a humbling and unbelievable thing. A big part of Adventure's success is directly attributable by us to enthusiastic community's like TA's, and the support over the years means a great deal to us.

In addition, I wanted to pop in to say: Alto's Odyssey is now available on the App Store! https://itunes.apple.com/app/altos-odyssey/id1182456409?mt=8

Having released yesterday (and technically a little earlier than that, haha), we're still caught up in the whirlwind of release, but the kind words and smart feedback we've received so far has made everything feel worth it.

As with the Alto's Odyssey thread going here on the forums, I wanted to make myself available to answer questions, chat with anyone who had thoughts to share, and generally hang out with everyone!

In addition, as a thank you for everyone's support - and while we get our official soundtrack prepared - our composer & audio designer Todd Baker has made the game's main theme ("An Endless Desert") available online: https://soundcloud.com/soundcirclemusic/altos-odyssey-an-endless-desert-main-gameplay-music

All the best!
    Eli

15. Cseaholme

Cseaholme New Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Level 11 Bug?

"Land 3 backflips with Maya in one run"
    I've done this heaps of times but the achievment isn't recognised.
    I presume it doesn't mean a triple-backflip, because the game uses that terminology elsewhere.
    Also I've seen a Youtube playthrough of this level that gets the achievement by just doing 3 separate backflips.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way around it?
    I've seen one other reporting of this issue in my search, but there was no answer.

Great game but stuck at level 11?
    Cheers,
    Chris

16. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Im not reading through all the pages. I was never sold on this but installed it again to give it a shot.

does this officially support MFI? all the GOTY and Editor's Choice spam and the menu navigation works but no buttons do.

I mean 1/2 the support is there, can you take some of the GOTY money and support controllers?

17. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    at first I thought this is just another mindless endless runner game but then after an hour I am sucked into it...
    no wonder this game had been receiving so many awards
    it support MFI controller, don't know what's your problem
    I'm using the steel series mfi controller and everything works fine

18. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    #818 henrycupcake, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    hey there, you should have announced that this great game is now also available on the brand new Mac App Store on MacOS supported with iCloud sync across tvOS + iOS + MacOS

I bought all of them to show my gratitude of your supreme support on apple platforms

wooo now I can enjoy Alto's adventure for some causal gaming while I am at work !

[/IMG] [​IMG][/url]

19. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    oh wait , I just realize Alto's adventure is the old game and Alto's odyssey is the new one I own on ios
    why would you release the old game on the Mac App Store instead of the new one????

and the performance is pretty bad , I have a maxes out iMac pro & 2017 iMac with 8GB GPU but the low frame rate makes the game runs really bad when its running full screen , I would not have purchased the game if I would known I would need to run the game in a windowed mode

snowman has such a long history of understanding the 'experience " of what software means on a device, and its iOS have always been such great platform citizens - I was expecting more from this foray into the Mac App Store