Universal Alto's Adventure (by Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

I like the game. It's a 3.5/5
    But beside the great art it's not really outstanding. I really hoped someone did finally a more chilled version of a snowboard game. A game that should be more meditative. A game where highscore is not all. But it's just one more runner.
    Biggest disapointment is the missing soundtrack from the trailer. With this you would have changed the complete atmosphere much more than only with art.

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Same here, that and the score 10,000 points in a combo achievement didn't unlock.

3. jayzilla87

jayzilla87 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Gamecenter achievements don't work btw

4. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Basically my thoughts as well.

Looks gorgeous on my now outdated iPhone 5 and plays fine but it is sadly just an endless runner.

With the devs constantly comparing this to Tony Hawk in their posts on here and their blog I was expecting some trick system and not just backflips and grinds. Epic Skater does a ton of interesting things with "one thumb" gameplay so maybe I was expecting a little more.

Still trying to figure out how to unlock the other riders as I'm only level 5 so I assume you have to hit a new level or buy the upgrades.

Anyway the game looks great but because of that it is really difficult to tell when or if you will hit things. I like the look but I've already noticed it is an issue with the rocks and moving into the background on areas with buntings to grind.

Not unhappy that I bought it but maybe I was expecting a little too much based on the pre-release hype.

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    any chance you can record one of your runs? I'd like to see how you get a 19.000 points combo. I must be doing something wrong :D

6. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    I understand, it's not a snowboard game at all, it's an endless runner. I didn't know anything about it, so i wasn't expecting anything. I remember a cool game called "Superpro snowboarding". It's tilt-based, but there is much more tricks to do. If we could have both : visuals from this one and gameplay like epic skater, it would be awesome.

BTW, I'm happy with this one, love a lot things here. I wonder what the devs of ski safari are thinking about this one. It's really the same mechanic.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, I like it a lot. It's in the vibe of Ski Safari, but this one requires more skill. I love the random weather and time of day, and it works like charm on my 4S.

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ha, I'll definitely see what I can do but rest assured that 19,000 point combo seems to be something of a fluke because I haven't gotten close to it since. :D

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just to make something clear: reach level 11 to unluck the 2nd character. There are a Total of 6 characters.

Btw, just a screen because it's so damn beautiful! This is gonna be my reason to play this game. Trying to capture the most stunning shot and uploading it here :)

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Screenshot didn't upload so here it is, not my best screen btw.

Attached Files:

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    for me the best moment is when you are in the night, going down a slope and suddenly these pink/orange/yellow colors start to appear as the sun appears behind you :)

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    3 stars from me. It is just an endless runner wirh great art. Nothing new here that you will not find in most endless runners as far as the gameplay goes. That is all.

13. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #73 fabianb, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    This shot is nice :)

Edit: wtf is wrong with the TA app, those bugs.. Cant even add an attachment 50% of the time

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just stunning visuals, super solid gameplay mechanics, and it gives me an endless desire to keep playing and watching. So gorgeous.

My only recommendation is adding the ability to tweet in-game screenshots (without score and pause graphics on it). I'd much rather share your visuals with my followers than my humble scores.

15. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    This is exactly the impression I have and that's why I didn't buy.

16. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Stunning!

Attached Files:

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I feel like this has so much potential. It is a stunning game visually yes, but feels like there should be more.

Would love the ability to unlock and then perform various tricks so it's more than just a back flip.

Don't get me wrong....it's fun to play, but just don't know how long it will hold my attention as is.

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I will agree with this. I think the ability to add a way to do more "tricks" and I would love this even more, even if it was a swipe to turn or something like that

19. Dahaka

Dahaka Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I have to agree with you guys here. It's a beautiful game, but lacks a bit in depth. I like to see more unlocks or other things to spice up the gameplay a bit. Different boards to unlock or more tricks, or powerups that help you in some sort of the other.

Never the less, definitely a nice game to have :)