Universal Alto's Adventure (by Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Feb 19, 2015.

1. scott997

scott997 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    WOW great game. I skipped this the last time it was on sale and bought it on a whim this time. Glad I did. It has been lots of fun. Enjoying leveling up. The challenges are just enough to keep working on without getting too challenging all at once.

2. Orschomat

Orschomat New Member

Jun 28, 2015
    100% agree!! Finally someone wrote the post I meant to write for weeks :) I played through the entire game (it's great!) and I dread the feather...

3. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    What he sid. ^

4. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Just received quite a large update including new workshop items among other things.

5. altosadventure

altosadventure Well-Known Member

Looks like someone already beat us to it, but, Alto's Adventure 1.1 is now available in the App Store :)

Izel’s been busy crafting some exciting new items in her workshop for you to try! Grab a helmet or two, level up your wingsuit, and keep an eye out for that llama stampede!

We’ve also made some further tweaks and improvements, including support for Metal and a few goal tweaks. We’ve also added localization for five new languages:

• Portuguese
    • Dutch
    • Danish
    • Swedish
    • Norwegian

For existing players, head over to the App Store to install the free update. If you haven’t downloaded the game yet you can get it here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/altos-adventure/id950812012?mt=8

[​IMG]

6. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Two words; Awe & Some.

:D

7. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Really blown away with the presentation
    such a beautifull game and such a clever design
    that game really well made, impresive

8. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    agreed!

9. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Does anything cool happen at level 61? What takes the place of the challenges on the game menus?

10. Ingwersen

Ingwersen Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Is it possible to get a lefthand-mode? I'd like the button for the wing suit to be placed on the right side of my screen - right now I'm activating it at all time or at random, because it's in my preferred tapping area.
    Maybe make it so the player can freely place the button?
    Brilliant game though! :-D

11. olibes23

olibes23 New Member

Jul 17, 2015
    High Score removed?

Hi I got a score of over 5 million and had my high score removed. I can assure that I did not cheat and can provide proof. I am wondering why my score was removed and if it can be restored. Thanks

12. altosadventure

13. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #773 grits, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    Finally hit level 60. I've been playing on and off since release. Wondering if there is anything to do after finishing. Also, yeah, the feather is garbage :p
    PS
    Why are the leaderboards always so broken?

14. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    Unplayable after iOS 9

I've updated to iOS 9 and Alto's Adventure is now unplayable because it stutters. This is on a iPad mini 3. Is anyone else having this problem? It seems they are aware of the problem, but it is taking a long time for an update to fix the problem.

15. altosadventure

Alto's Adventure is coming to Apple TV!

We’re thrilled to announce that Alto’s Adventure will be available for the new Apple TV when it ships tomorrow. Read the official announcement here: http://blog.builtbysnowman.com/post/132152878072/altos-adventure-apple-tv

[​IMG]

Today we also released Alto's Adventure 1.2 for iOS, which includes:

- Added MFi Game Controller support
    - Players can now choose whether or not to use helmet or chasm rescues after crashing
    - Added volume sliders to settings menu
    - Added option to move pause button to right side of the screen
    - Various improvements and bug fixes to iCloud syncing
    - Improved and more reliable Game Center functionality
    - Improved smoothness of animations and motion on some devices
    - Fixed negative coin bug
    - Fixed floating llama bug

16. scott997

Jan 5, 2015
    Alto's Adventure is back to being playable again! Ya!

The previous update helped make it a little smoother, but this one fixed everything. Thanks.

I just noticed that a helmet icon (I think it was a helmet) showed up when I was being chased by an elder. What does that mean or do? Do I get a chance to use a helmet if I crash? Do I have an option to buy a helmet at that point? The icon disappeared when I escaped the elder.

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Since the last update the icloud sync icon is greyed out and can't be ticked, is this a known issue?

18. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Hi guys can anyone help? Im trying to do the goal where you fly 50 meters with the wing suit, and my wingsuit is also fullu upgraded, so even though my wingsuit is upgraded i cant seem to do the 50 m goal! I fly in a straight line high up yet nothing? Nada? Zilch..... Is there a method to flying 50 m? As ive tried many times with no luck, i try off of a jump as soon as my wing suit comes on yet still no 50 m flight seems to happen?! Any thoughts or ideas where im going wrong?....

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Are you sure it's just 50 meters? Doesn't it also state "low flying" or something like that? I remember doing one of those goals and it was flying very near the floor for 50m, not just flying...

20. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks for quick responce....it does say PROXIMITY wingsuit fly 50 meters...so are u saying that i should fly close to the ground? Ok i will defo try that, thanks so much for the advice, i think you may be right as i just looked at a video of someone doing this goal and they seemed to be closer to the ground...