Universal Alto's Adventure (by Snowman)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sink_or_swim, Feb 19, 2015.

1. I know, right? Can probably count the number of IAP-free runners on half a hand. The leaderboards (besides hackers) will actually mean something.

2. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Plays fine on my iPhone 5S the character isn't to small :D

Attached Files:

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wrong. I have 11 no-IAP, no ads runner titles currently installed. There should be a few more i have deleted.

It is true the appstore is a cesspool of freemium titles, but even in a seemingly freemium genre there are more than a handful of premium titles.

4. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Off topic, but what is your favourite?

On topic, this does look like ski safari, but it doesn't 'look' like it if you get what I mean. Much prefer the looks of this one. Had a quick go and it seems like it will be fun.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I honestly have no idea how anyone could possibly call Alto a clone. Clone? Because you're skiing down a slope and can backflip? Seriously. That's where the comparisons end. You're collecting llamas in the game, not ****ing riding them.

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    This is one beautiful and lovely looking game. *_*

7. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Clone or not, the art is truly impressive, especially the rising sun. I'm totally absorbed by the atmosphere. The soundtrack is awesome too, in perfect harmony with visuals.

8. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    You're right. Good point. What's the main difference between this and Ski Safari because I'm happy to buy it if it's not too similar.

9. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Anyone find the blue feather more annoying than helpful? Sometimes I float over coins and find it more difficult to jump with it. What is it good for?

10. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    hold on a wee minute. A small moment ago you advised people not to buy this if they already had Ski Safari - advice that thankfully I did not follow - and now you ask for impressions as you haven't actually played this. Whilst I'm not one to give advice I'd probably advise to not give advice on something you have no experience of. For me this is a perfect phone game. Smooth in all the right areas.

11. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Awesome, beautiful and fun! 100% recommend. Its not a clone, it may bare similarities, but it has enough unique elements to be the superior. The key word here is Esthetics.

12. halvet

halvet New Member

Feb 15, 2015
    This is definetly a ski safari clone. I can see people exicited because of the art style but ski safari deserves more attention trust me :)

13. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I own Ski Safari too, but this one is pure art! It's a mixed of Ski Safari (the theme) and monument valley (the beautiful artwork and amazing colours), for me it's just more than a game, it's a masterpiece!

14. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Ski Safari was pretty well-received, wasn't it? Definitely one of the best runners out there!

That being said, I think even that game's dev wouldn't call Alto a clone.

Dude, I need that list :p

15. Ryoma

Ryoma Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    #35 Ryoma, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    as promised already bought... spread the word, the game is beautiful hope the developer gets his money back

16. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Hmmmm how do I play the "esthetics"? Is there a special button that you use? Or do I tap real quick? #

17. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Downloading it now! Played ski safari for hours years ago. This is definately something else. Cant wait to try it!

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I like it that it's more challenging than ski safari. Once you crash your done. It definitely has its magical moments. Highly recommend for its gameplay and art.

19. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

Just to quote myself: download it now! It's really a magical experience to snowboard down the mountain when the sun starts rising! And it plays super smooth on the 5s. Really really recommended!

20. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    #40 touchy85, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Game Impressions

Edit: oops wrong copy/paste