Alto’s Adventure & Alto’s Odyssey -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by macplash, Mar 17, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I highly doubt there’s anyone out there who doesn’t own these gems, but in case there is, they’re both FREE at the moment. Also on Mac and Android.

Alto’s Odyssey
    Alto’s Adventure

Maxime0683 likes this.
  2. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the info these games slipped my attention........downloading them both.

Makara Nou likes this.
  3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No offence but how could these slip your attention ? The first game is one of the most famous games on iOS !

Ringerill and macplash like this.
  4. It slipped my attention too. Got it on my android device. But it really didnt click on me. It's free now, so I will give it another try

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Makara Nou it didn’t click with you? Alto’s Adventure is one of those games that’s been always on all of my devices. I started over multiple times, just for the fun out of it. Odyssey didn’t hook me as much, but Adventure would be on my top 5 list of the best and must-have mobile games ever. Easily.

Definitely give it another try!

Makara Nou likes this.
  6. Maxime0683

Maxime0683 Active Member

Feb 5, 2020
    Male
    Thank you! I'll share this with my friends

7. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I actually liked Odyssey 100x more than Adventure.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Maslan266 how come? Could you be more specific? I'm not saying it wasn't great, but if I had to recommend just one, I'd definitely suggest the first one. I mean, Adventure is just overall perfect - flawless. Odyssey annoyed me with wall climbing, monkey chasing and the fact I'm riding on sand instead of snow. It could've easily been just an optional game mode in form of an update. Adventure is far superior to Odyssey for me.

9. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    @macplash Honestly? This might sound weird, but I don’t know. I feel like Adventure is missing this tiny ingredient that made Odyssey so special, but I don’t know what it is exactly. I found the visuals for Odyssey more beautiful and the soundtrack was also better. The game also ran smoother for me. I liked the biome variety and the new wallriding feature, along with the gushing waterfalls, the birds of paradise, the hot air balloons, the ship wrecks, and Sumara (the mysterious character). Adventure didn’t have any of this.

But that isn’t enough for me to declare Odyssey one of my favorite games and consider Adventure as mediocre. Like I said, there is something that Adventure is missing for me but I don’t know what it is. I may have to go back to it.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Maslan266 thanks for your willingness to elaborate on your statement. I appreciate it. And it makes sense. You like the variety, richer environment. I get it. I might give it a try again myself. I hardly spent any time with Odyssey in comparison to Adventure. It may even grow on me after all. We’ll see.;)

Maslan266 likes this.
  11. boydstr

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    It doesn’t make sense to argue about someone’ s taste in games. I know people that don’t like the HalfLife games because they don’t like the slow pace in the game and on the other hand I don’t like Fortnite just because the gameplay is to fast that’s why I never play multiplayer games.

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @boydstr we aren’t arguing. I was just curious what makes @Maslan266 to put Odyssey over Adventure which he explained reasonably. Of course everyone has a different taste. Although I really don’t know a single person who doesn’t like Half Life (and grew up gaming in that era when it came out).

I loved Fortnite’s Save the World part though. I sank hundreds of hours in it on XBox. But Battle Royale part isn’t for me either. Mostly because I can’t compete with those young gamers with exceptional reflexes. I usually died before I was able to switch to build mode to put a single wall in front of me.:D

Maslan266 likes this.
  13. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Masterpieces

14. boydstr

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    #14 boydstr, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Maybe I didn’t choose the right words but what I wanted to say was that sometimes you read discussions on the forum about games and that people and again I take HalfLife as an example don’t play it most of the time the are younger than me and they are grownup in a completely different gaming landscape than I did. For me and a lot of other people it was a completely new kind of gameplay with very original game mechanics and a fantastic story it is still one of my top 3 best games of all time. p.s I hope that Valve release another black box with all the HalfLife games but the change of this becoming a reality is wishful thinking. 361CEDB8-880C-40FD-92D3-D43816B9BE54.jpeg

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’m right there with you. Btw, I just came across this and it’s creepy AF. All the memories from playing coming back. Now I’m gonna have nightmares.:)