Alternative AppStores

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by RedStaR, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Adult game for the iPhone?! WTF?!?!?!

I think as Apple tighten security and jailbreaking becomes more difficult, the number of jb phones will go down. Let's face it, most people are either too lazy, too dumb, or both to go through they're computer and give it a deep cleaning. The AppStore's still safe.

And if you were a dev, wo would you trust more, Apple, or Cydia? A corporation that everyone knows and trusts, or some guy that decided to make a technically illegal store?

2. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Okay Seriously. Rejected games should go to Cydia store.
    For example.

Hilly Billy. I'm 100% sure it's rejected.
    They should upload it to Cydia store and charge what they would in the app store. (or make it cheaper. =D)
    If their scared it's gonna get cracked, it would have also been cracked in the app store. I mean, you already made the game and it's been rejected. Go for the Cydia store. Some people who jailbreak but don't use cracked apps will purchase it.

Zombie Mangle.
    Alien Mangle made it, but I want to see red blood spatters not blue.
    Upload it to Cydia store!
    Charge what you would (Or cheaper)

Come on People upload your rejected games. =D

3. mason.™

mason.™ Member

Mar 7, 2009
    School.
    In AMERICA.
    First off, the Cydia store is not illegal because jailbreaking is, as of now, not illegal. Second, I don't think it matters who devs trust more. I mean, they're obviously gonna try Apple first but what if Apple rejects it? Most devs don't want their months of hard work to just "disappear", and with this, if Apple rejects their app, it won't. On top of that, jailbreaking is easier than ever. Have you tried QuickPWN? You click a few tabs, hold down some buttons, wait a little, and you have a jailbroken device. The only jailbreak I can think of that would be hard would be the 2G touch jailbreak but that's because it isn't done yet.