Already over the RAGE and INFINITY SWORD hype.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by weehoo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Stop being so negative, if Gameloft gets hold of the engine there will be great things to come.

2. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #22 LBG, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    It's definitely possible. We've seen both excellent graphics and console-like gameplay/content. But so far we haven't seen them combined (with a few exceptions like Modern Combat 2, Prince of Persia: WW, Lego Harry Potter etc).

Yeah, that would be great. Their games are already have great graphics and gameplay. Having even better graphics and more money spent little details like the animation and voice acting would be a dream come true.

3. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    I think people should just stop judging games that haven't come out already so harshly. The IB gameplay video from TG looks kind of slow, but that may because it was a tutorial, it was unfinished, or it was the first playthrough so the enemies are slow and weak. If you are unsure whether or not to buy a game, then just wait for it to come out and read some reviews and watch more videos when available. But please stop dissing games that haven't even come out yet; it really is unfair for the devs. I mean some personal comments are definitely fine, but not harsh, inconsiderate insults.

Just my thoughts, I know people will agree or disagree.

Back on topic, the hype is diminishing but I'm still excited for IB, maybe just not as much as before.

4. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

The hype hasn't diminished. We are all just in a lull. Dull week. It's the calm before the coming storm.

Trust, your hype WILL reawaken, once the news of submission, or on sale NZ arrives...

Mark my words.

5. Barbosa

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    I meant my personal anticipation. I have read many of your posts regarding IB and Aralon. We have really close opinions on IB and on the topic of waiting (your thread on no release date/price). But yeah I know my hype will reawaken once more info is available. And I'm getting a $50 itunes gift card to stock up to prepare for the releases :)

6. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    IB will be the most incredible game to hit the app store. Dont lie to yourselves.

7. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Says IGN, who doesn't even have a dedicated iPhone or iDevice portion of their site. They combined mobile gaming into one section, android, windows 7 and the iphone, which shows how much they do not take the mobile gaming market seriously. They give almost no play to the indie scene and slobber all over EA and Gameloft and, not surprisingly Epic. I'm almost certain that IGN never even bothered to review Galaxy on Fire 2 (amongst countless others) which is borderline criminal.

I have my doubts. Graphically, without a doubt it will be the most incredible. In terms of both core gameplay mechanics and a complete package, we'll just have to see about that.

8. Axidrain

Axidrain Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    rage was crap but IB actually looks like chair managed to make a real game out of a tech demo. I'm actually quite impressed. especially with the battle mechanics and the amount of equipments and how it relates to the way you earn experience. plus u can actually pan the camera and look around even tho it's kinda on rails. it's totally an innovation and not half assed at all considering the time frame in which they had to make this game in.

unlike RAGE..... ugh.. so much hype for such a really really weak game. >.> $1.99 i will never get back. if anything should be called "mundane" then RAGE is that game. now that my friends, is what a half assed game plays like.

9. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks, man. :D

I felt like those feelings I was having, was like an elephant in the room that no one would speak of. When I would mention it, I got picked on to an extent.

I have 59.89 in iTunes credits awaiting:

Aralon

Infinity Blade

Nova 2

Battleheart

Dungeon defenders

Shadow Guardian

Hooga

And maybe World of Goo

10. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

And maybe people should stop saying how awesome it is without playing it first as well. That works both ways ya know.

11. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #31 Pacificsun0481, Nov 28, 2010
    This looks to be a very good title, in comparison to many other titles that have come and gone. Why cut down peoples anticipation and hopes that the game may actually be very good, with pessimism?

Let the people have something to look forward to.

I will state, for the record, that I've had my doubts here and there about other titles.

Let's use Aralon, as an example (high profile title) - when Josh was only posting screens and info, not once have I doubted or vocalized any lack of faith in that title. I've had qualms about info, but I have never doubted their promises, or talent. I still believe it would be the best experience (for my interests) on the AppStore. If they asked Oblivion prices, I'd pay that. That's how serious I am about great games on my iPad.
    Hugs!

12. Barbosa

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    +1

And videos show off graphics and gameplay which lead to people saying the game will be awesome. I'm sure this forum (upcoming games) is more for people eager for a game to come out than for people dissing a game they don't like. I mean negative comments are fine but people should shouldn't be dissing a game genre or gameplay mechanics.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    you save money like that? Damn I need some lessons from you hahaha. When I have credit and don't have a wishlist, I just buy what other people say are good games. But anyways, excellent list. My list it the same except including dungeon hunter 2 and bad company. No idea what hooga is either lol.

14. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #34 Pacificsun0481, Nov 28, 2010
    Hooga arrives on Dec. 2, it also looks like a great platformer. (I loved Frogatto, Gianna Sisters, Soosiz and Pizza Boy. I enjoy good platformers)

It's from iquilibrium and chillingo. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwvJrQ6yjm0

I've seen some good games arrive, however, there are just titles I want more. It's about discipline, realizing I'd rather have certain games when they launch...vs. Having to wait, just because I bought something out of boredom. I've learned to figure out what I really want, not as much what others want. I'd buy every app around, if I did the latter.

15. videogameman9

videogameman9 Member

Feb 20, 2010
    I'm over it in the sense where I'm over Rage, but I would like to see more games that use Unreal Engine. I would especially be happy if every game that should have good graphics like RE4 be updated with a graphics improvement by Unreal Engine.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I do buy every app around sadly..I'll learn one of these days. Right now I like buying apps more than playing them.

17. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

I wish Capcom had done with Resident Evil4 on iOS, what they had done for Resident Evil4 on Wii. Tailor the original game for the platform.

Initially, it was a Gamecube game. There is no reason, the new iOS devices couldn't run Resident Evil4 as it was originally released. Just with a modified control scheme.

Instead, they completely released something rather underwhelming in comparison, to it's former self.

Which is a bummer. Resident Evil is my all-time favorite video game series. I have beaten every single Main entry/numbered title in the series. I even bought a Deamcast at the time, to get my paws on Code Veronica.

I've stayed far away from the iOS RE4. It's just a poor representation, which I feel might repulse gamers new to the series, rather than draw them in.

18. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was a huge fan of the Gamecube RE4 and was excited to be playing it on my iPhone and like you and everyone else I felt disappointed about it very quickly. Definitely an underwhelming game that I have no desire to play after only playing through the first few levels.

19. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Rage is what I expected and nothing more. And that makes it one phenomenal game, in my book. It looks exceptional, plays deviously on Nightmare, and with the upcoming Game Center support I don't see it leaving my iPhone anytime soon.

Infinity Blade looks awesome and I've been looking forward to it ever since Epic Citadel was released.

With all that being said, it should be obvious I'm super hyped for the inevitable release, as I'm sure many others are.

But to each his/and or her own.:p

20. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

+1

But speaking of hype, where are all of these random Gameloft games coming from all of a sudden? It seems so unlike them.