iPad alpine racer - pocketgamer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ianlow32, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    they just gave it a bronze - 7/10 ... whilst vector tanks got a very low 5 and critical review ...

what do u guys think?

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    check the reviewers, if they are the same then that guy has one major major major problem.

3. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Alpine Racer, while not being that great, is, I believe, one of the better games in its skiing/snowboarding category. I still wouldn't give it more than 7.

4. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    ok i just checked, they are different. I guess the guy who reviewed VT was just really dumb.

5. ianlow32

Dec 31, 2008
    different reviewers, but just cannot see the logic in their grading ...

thank god we have toucharcade as a better barometer for iphone gaming appraisals for the community!

6. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    yes but when you say better games, how many are we talkin here? There are only a handful of skiing games anyways, so that is a bad statement.

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i dont really follow review sites, the numbers usually mean nothing. I like the kotaku review style, where they just point out the pros and cons, no number scores.

8. ianlow32

Dec 31, 2008
    dumb or just poor taste in gaming .... this guy said alpine is a must hv with a few additional levels?

the vt reviewer did gve time crisis 6/10 .... slight above average ... he called vt retro and not relevant? hey, time crisis is not the latest gaming trend either ... is it?

9. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i know, that guy was really stupid.

That last line just really pisses me off. What he's saying is that this game is bad because it is retro. That is the whole point dumbass! And even if it is, it has great controls (which he said were bad) and awesome graphics. Who cares that it doesnt have a menu, it is still a great and extremely fun game.

10. ianlow32

Dec 31, 2008
    exactly rocketman ...

the whole idea is it recreated the whole battlezone experience down to the original menu screens but graphically enhanced!

i think sites like this should have some qc with reviewers .... make sure theuy have enuff relevant gaming knowledge before letting them review a game like VT

11. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    That score seems fairly generous

I would have only given it a 2 out 5

Ten scales leave too much room for every app too be good while not taking in account that there are smaller budgeted good games.

2-4 out of five should be the range for any worth while app that has a review done on it.