iPad Alpine Racer by Namco

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by HardcoreEricXXX, Feb 25, 2009.

1. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #1 HardcoreEricXXX, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    no offense to namco, but their games are extremely badd.... okay that might have been offensive to them but I speak the truth! ;)

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Namco... what their poster game? y'know, like mario to nintendo, sonic to sega...

I keep thinking of them as Capcom, who should be writing games

4. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I think their goal is to reach out to 20-35 year olds who spent many hours as children in the local arcade. The nostalgia of having the classics of my teen years with me in long business meetings makes me very cheerful.

5. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008

Pac-Man.

That's their "mascot" IP.

6. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    You know I keep seeing the Mr. Driller dude. He's on billboards in Pole Position. I know Star Trigon is a close relative, but I want to see Mr. Driller on the iphone!

7. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    are you sure Pablo?

they only created:

Galaga and Galaxian
    Pac man
    Dig Dug
    Pole Position
    Ridge Racer
    Soul Caliber(!)
    Xeno Saga
    Ace Combat

to name a few. i grew up with many of those games and they certainly didn't suck. they would be in the video game hall of fame for sure.

you're entitled to your opinion tho...

8. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The games they've released on this platform are to hearken to those gamers who wish for arcade experiences. Hence Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Star Trigon (vastly underrated, IMHO), Pole Position Remix, Time Crisis, and now this.

And you speaketh nonsense, pablo, just as you do with your "ipotch" nonsense that no one but you and your mushy brained acolytes herald :p. I kid, I kid.

But the truth is, quality is subjective at best. IMHO, all of Namco's games thus far have been of good to great quality on this platform.

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    No Tekken? :eek:

It's ok, I know you said to name a few, but that one's a no brainer. I can't really speak for the newer versions, but if the iPhone got a version of Tekken 3 I'd be all over it... bad controls or not!

10. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Screens look ok,i'll wait for a video but I love snowboarding/skiing games so I'll probably grab it.

And the whole Ipotch thing...ughh, not only does it not make sense and not only is iPod or Touch easier to write, but it's just one of those gross looking and sounding words that will never catch on.

11. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I like to disagree (I really do) The target audience is as the other guy said (I know he has a name ) 35-40 year olds, and the quality of games from that time period is for today's standarts, pretty bad. We are watching this from a completely different perspective, and I'm putting you down on my list of "ipotch" sayers wether you like it or not! :D

12. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I agree, i felt ripped off on time crisis

13. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I agree, i felt ripped off on time crisis ... and too add, i am referring to the iphone versions, not the original ones ...

namco were great in the arcades , but the iphone ports leave a lot to be desired

14. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Congrats on your new ipod, which one is it?

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

Could be a fun game so I will keep an eye on it and not judge a game that I haven't even played yet.

Thanks loads Eric :)

16. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

This game seems pretty fun... I wonder what the pricing will be on this one..

17. etoiles

etoiles Well-Known Member

18. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I think they'll price it at $6, kinda goes along with the pricing of their other arcade games, but could be $8

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009