iPad Alphabetic - New iPhone game, just released

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Top Monkey, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Top Monkey

Top Monkey Well-Known Member

Hi everybody!

I've just completed (and launched) my first iPhone game: Alphabetic. It's a fun and addictive little game and the initial responds from players has been great (only 5 star reviews so far!).

The object of the game is to find all the 26 letters of the alphabet before the timer runs out. The game has dozens of nifty animations it uses to display the letters so they get harder and harder to spot. It has two game modes, 9 challenges and 26 trophies you can collect to keep it interesting for many hours.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

You can get it in the app store here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300304923&mt=8

I would really like to know what you guys think, feedback is appreciated very much. This forum has been a great resource for me as a developer the last couple of weeks. I'm really impressed by the amount of positive and friendly people that visit this forum.

Happy holidays and a great (iPhone gaming) 2009!

2. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    looks good. will grab and review it when i get some xmas cash

3. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    That's a very novel idea for a game, and pulled off with some artistic style too, looks good. I'll try and give it a go sometime, lots of giftcard money coming in tomorrow (I hope).

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Looks great ill try it out!

5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    +1 :)

6. Lehman310

Lehman310 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Drop it to .99 for a holiday sale and I will pick it up

7. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Me too. 1.99 is a little much for a game like this, imho

8. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    looks good will buy:D

9. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Looks great style-wise and graphics-wise. I might pick it up in a bit.

10. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    G'day and welcome to the forum. That looks like a fun and interesting game for filling that spare moment or two or three or four... I'll add it to my list and I'll be sure to check it out.

11. Top Monkey

Thank you. I designed the Quick game mode especially for those spare moments you are talking about. But there is also a Challenge mode if you want a lengthier experience (especially the endless and numeric challenges can take a while to complete ;)) I hope you like it when you get around to picking it up.

12. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    #12 GreenLightJerky, Dec 25, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
    Sweet looking game.
    Downloading now.
    DO NOT lower your price.

EDIT: This game is VERY well done. Awesome game. Its so simple but its SO hard as you get further down the alphabet.
    Just completed a "Quick Game" and it was great. The different ways that the letters come at you really confuse your eyes. Trying to stay one letter ahead is key! Its easily worth the $1.99 price tag. DO NOT LOWER YOUR PRICE. IM tired of the "lower it to .99 cents and ill buy it" comments.

13. jdr

jdr Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I agree. I bought this last week (and reviewed it!) and it's very well done, fun and pretty unique.

14. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    In a place where the word unique is way over used, Its actually one of the truly 'unique' games out there.
    Way to go.

15. Top Monkey

Wow, thanks! That is a great quote. I think I will add that one to the app description in the app store once iTunes connect opens up again ;)

16. Top Monkey

Promo codes!!

Now iTunes connect has opened up again I'm finally able to generate promo codes again so I think it is time to give some away.

The first 15 people that reply to this thread to let us all know what their favorite letter of the alphabet is (and why!) get a promo code. I will PM the code to you asap.

(I guess you all know by now that this is US only for the time being, sorry)

17. Deleted

Deleted Active Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Beijing, CHina
    M!

M is my favorite letter of the alphabet because it is the start of my name and I have always had a preference for it. Woohoo!

Deleted

18. yosaso

yosaso Member

Dec 11, 2008
    The letter Y

It can be a word, it can be a vowel, it can be a consonant. It's a multifaceted, multi-talented little letter. It's also 4 points in Scrabble.

19. moleskinegurl

moleskinegurl Member

Dec 28, 2008
    InfoSec
    Z is my favorite letter of the alphabet simply because it's not used as much as most of the other letters.

20. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    #20 Hailey, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
    My fav. Letter is H- the first letter in my name.