Universal Alpha Omega (by BorderLeap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm having big probs with the game stuttering , towards the end of iota, it's not highlighting the letters properly, so I'll think it hasn't worked and try a different move and the last letter of the previous move swaps instead. Zooming in and out is very very jittery.

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Just found a similar issue in K-5: if I solve it in the following order the game forces me to restart:
    Solve the following before moving any letter in ATTIC:
    PORCH
    WORKSHOP
    BA_HROOM
    Easy to work around though, and I haven't had another St. Patrick puzzle yet, so it's not all bad. :)

3. borderLeap

borderLeap Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Founder & Game Creator @ BorderLeap
    #43 borderLeap, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    Hey everyone, thanks for posting the comments and letting us know about the spelling errors!! :eek: The spelling errors are fixed and will be released in the next update...

Interesting - thanks for letting me know... I see you're on an iPad mini running iOS 7.x? Another question too: when you tap a block is it appearing to you that it's raised up, and is the current active block?

Appreciate the comments very much :)

yay!

4. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Issue solved and will be fixed in the next release - thank you for letting us know!! ;)

To solve this level in the meantime, you can solve in a different order and it should work fine.

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #45 mr_bez, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Great stuff, borderLeap. Anyway, I'm pleased to report than I'm now onto Lambda (level 151+) and I think that the puzzles started getting tougher around Kappa (level 136+), for anyone finding it a bit easy.

One more typo to fix in Lambda-11:
    FATEUIL/FAUTEUIL
    Edit: And Lambda-13:
    KADYDID/KATYDID

Another edit: I'm definitely in agreement that the you should be able to make changes when more zoomed out. It's ridiculous on some of the later levels. You can't see enough of the word to see where you're placing your letter, which is really frustrating when coupled with the lack of an undo.

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    When I select a block it looks like the one below is sunk, but as that's the only letter that has changed it appears as if that's the selected one, I'll take a screenshot if you like? As I'm not sure I'm explaining properly. I've just a few minutes where nothing happened at all, and I had to close down game and restart. Yes I'm on a mini with the last version of 7.

I've just unlocked winter. Have had to use one hint so far.

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I bought some hints.
    What I miss though is, even when you have hints, you cannot buy new ones yet
    Which sucks, if you have no internet/wifi then you can't buy hints.

Maybe an option to buy from the main menu, no matter how many hints you have left, would be a great solution for that.

8. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi everyone - thank you all so much for your fantastic comments and great feedback. I have an update that's going to be going live very soon.

About the zooming... I have removed the minimum zoom requirement for tapping on blocks. As a result, blocks may get too teeny for normal fingers to tap, but this adjustment simply entrusts the user to put the gameboard at an appropriate scale they're comfortable with. Still finalizing this but my hope is that you will find the gameboard a bit more flexible now and still allow you to zoom all the way out to see the whole board.

Just wanted to let you know! ;)

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've been totally hooked on this, it's all I've played today, time flies, I think I've only been on ten minutes and an hour has gone by. I'm almost at the end of winter. The rest of the themes look fun so can't wait to reach them.

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Would be good if the game lost the top banner when you zoom out, and allow the player to interact with tiles when zoomed out too - this'd make it WAY nicer to use.

11. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Considering the top banner show/hide - thanks for suggestion... the other issue with interacting with tiles zoomed in is solved :) Will be available in next update.

12. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Nice!! That brings me a :D

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #53 mr_bez, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    I don't know about the banner, but the dev confirmed two posts above you that you'll be able to swap while zoomed out in the next update.

Another completion order bug (I don't know if they have to be fixed individually)in Xi-14:
    completing LEGEND in the wrong order gives errors if you end up with LEG_ND or L_GEND. Both Es have to be in place before you swap the G and N.

Uh-oh: Xi-15 also has an error. It's the first typo I've seen that will actually break the puzzle if you fix it:
    WITHDRAWL/WITHDRAWAL

Also O-2:
    OPTOMISTIC/OPTIMISTIC

14. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks for the comments and for letting us know! You'll be pleased to know these are fixed and are awaiting the next release ;)

15. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Absolutely love this game. Enjoy the gameplay. The music. Relaxing my brain. The difficulty. All of it. Really glad I gave it a try. With so many puzzles you're bound to have a few things to fix & with an active dev fixing these little things as they are found I'm very pleased & could not enjoy this game anymore. It's got a nice polish on it. Well done!

16. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #56 Andy C83, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    [​IMG]
    12th March 2015

[thread=256996][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257071][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256963][​IMG][/thread] [thread=254997][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257116][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=256989][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256961][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257058][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257035][​IMG][/thread]

Alpha Omega

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

17. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    So good to hear - thank you ;)

Yes there is tons and tons of content in this game. So so much went into the making of this game (over a year) including studying crossword puzzle architecture and making a custom level generator for the game, design, etc... Hard to see little spelling errors that have slipped through the cracks but the users here on TA are awesome and so helpful in letting me know - thank you!! I have an update that's in the queue now hopefully should be live real soon that'll fix the spelling errors and remove the tap/zoom restriction as well as some other goodies.

-Nate

18. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Great stuff.

With the bugs fixed I'd rank this right up there near Bonza, which is the best word game on the App Store for my money.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ahh...I was sure that was the right answer!

Attached Files:

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #60 mr_bez, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Sorry to triple post, but...

Update is live.

You can now swap tiles when zoomed out, as requested by many including me. It works a treat.

It's now much easier to see if you have a tile selected, as requested by Cloudpuff.

Typos, and the bug which causes the game to incorrectly register a solution as incorrect when it can still be solved, have been fixed.

Updating my rating from 4 to 5 stars now. :)

Edit: it also seems much more responsive now. There used to be a but of a pause registering moves, but that seems to be gone too :D