Universal Alpha Omega (by BorderLeap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    #21 Geertyy, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    I would like to know what the gameplay is like. I don't understand it from the screenshots. What are the 'hints' like? Do you always make weird non-existent words? Yes I can read the first screenshot, but not the rest..

Edit: nevermind, saw the trailer, now I see :)

Edit 2: liking it a lot. I don't normally play word games, but this one is really fun and original

2. borderLeap

borderLeap Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Founder & Game Creator @ BorderLeap
    Thanks for checking it out - glad you're enjoying it! :)

3. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I love word games. I have plenty of them on my iPad, but this one scratches that itch. It's challenging, but not frustrating. It has that "just one more" appeal going. I stayed up about an hour past my regular bedtime (LOL) last night before I realized it. Kudos to the dev(s).

4. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Ok, back @ work with no Wifi, and the X doesn't work.
    you get a popup, that you need internet connection.

So, to me that is a bug..

other then that... this game is addicting..

5. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
    Love a good word game and this is a good word game!!!

6. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Nice! and thank you :D

Hey there glad you're enjoying it! Yes that is an obscure little issue that pops up when you're offline... will be fixed in the next update ;)

7. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    :D thank you! Curious - how far have you gotten in the game so far?

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thank you from me too. Fun game.

I have noticed one puzzle - the one with Lamprey in it near the beginning - maybe puzzle 30 or so?, i had all clues correct, but lamprey needed to be unscrambled but the game ended it - looking like all moves had been made. So the i redid it - making sure lamprey was solved early, and then no problem. Sort of strange if you have to solve words in a particular order.

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Think I ran into that one too, and some other ones.

When I solve the puzzle from Top to bottom, then it seems to work fine
    any other order fails like you mentioned. (probably of having the same letters at some spots)

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Thought to stop to post an appreciate to the dev (and Pluto for recommending it) for the making of such a fine game. This one I can really get into!

Also I don't normally play online so am I still able to continue playing offline and able to delete the popup window stating the need for an internet connection?

11. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks much! About the offline issue it will be fixed in next update ;) You can still play but you'll see that issue when you try to tap on an "x" in the map view - but only if you're offline.

12. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #32 mzinn, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    This is why I like the forums here. Like some other posters I too am not a huge fan of word games. I'm intrigued by them but usually pass or end up disappointed. From what I am reading here this game seems to bring wordies & non wordies together in agreement that it's a pretty darn good game. In addition it's nice to have an active developer.

Based on that, I'm downloading now.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    And after testing - the game saves properly, nothing is lost as a result of getting the message at least for me.

I have a couple suggestions / complaints... Nothing terrible mind you -

Seems like one should be able to scroll around the whole area easily so one can look at the entire "map" of all the levels. I can kind of scroll, but it is very, very slow.

Some puzzles come up being larger than the screen area, but shrinking them a little makes it all fit - but go a little further and one has to then zoom in and out - I am thinking that needs tweaking a little? Maybe it is because I am playing on an iPad and can easily see and touch the letters - I suppose it could be different on say a 4 or 5 version?

On Zeta level and still having a lot of fun, although the difficulty has leveled - maybe I just have a good vocabulary and good word finding skills...

Thanks for an excellent game!

14. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    Excellent word puzzle. Well worth the 99c.

I've made it to Iota (120+ solved) and haven't had too much trouble solving. There were a couple that took me awhile, but I suppose difficulty can be rather subjective on these kind of puzzles. I didn't run into too many words I never heard of, and thankfully they weren't too hard to guess at.

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This is a word game at its finest. The music is so good you can easily play this to relax and right before sleep. This wont disappoint especially with the
    highly polished presentation, graphics, sounds, controls, and level design.

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok I hate crosswords and I'm rubbish at anagrams but this sounds really interesting - anyone got any thoughts at on whether I'll like it or not?

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Sod it - it's 79p I'm buying it anyway

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I love this, I really do, I've just unlocked spring and the game feels even better, you have created something different but also keep the harmony feel to it. I mean it's different to harmony but feels similar if that makes sense.love the music too.

19. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Enjoyable game, perfectly priced. You may not want to suggest it to your dyslexic friend, but otherwise it's swell.

Found a typo on iota 7. Fortunately, it doesn't break the level. Tried to attach screen cap but app isn't cooperating. Just go to iota 7 find the word with an incorrect (yet valid) vowel tile.

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    There's another typo 3 levels later in Iota-10.
    VACCUUM/VACUUM
    The themes are also starting to repeat a bit at this stage (how many St. Patrick's Day levels?). Hoping these are temporary issues, as I've enjoyed the game again.