Universal Alpha Omega by BorderLeap

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by borderLeap, Feb 28, 2015.

1. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Game looks interesting, I love a good word game and this looks unique. I'm not on ios 8'so can't apply to beta on test flight but will certainly be purchasing at release. (I still play harmony also)

2. borderLeap

borderLeap Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Founder & Game Creator @ BorderLeap
    #22 borderLeap, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Hey Steve - thank you for your help testing!! Really appreciate it much. Appreciate too the most excellent feedback!

I had the idea for Alpha Omega back in November 2013, right after Harmony 1 launched. It's been in development since then, working through various ideas and concepts. Ultimately landed on where it is now being a crossword-style game. Definitely some similarities to Bonza, but some major core differences - one being the core concept of "first" and "last" being the guide to solving each puzzle.

About trial & error.... you're right on point. Each level contains in itself a series of clues to reveal. Once you are able to decipher a word others will begin to reveal themselves... As words are solved the puzzle's overall clue will reveal itself as well.

About Game Center, did you have sandbox enabled for GC in settings? Being that the build you were testing was via TestFlight.

Cool you were able to make it through Delta... things are going to start to get a bit interesting as you round the corner in the map through Zeta and beyond. Below is an image of the full map, zoomed out... You'll see you're on Delta and there's a long way to go... :)

[​IMG]

3. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks cloudpuff :D

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Nate: Thanks for the tip to enable Sandbox in the Game Center settings. Now I can see the leaderboard in Alpha Omega.

I have progressed into the Zeta levels. The difficulty is moderately challenging but not hard yet. Good stuff!

5. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Hey Steve, glad enabling sandbox worked!

Here's a lil sneak peek at what's coming further in the game...

[​IMG]

6. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Alpha Omega is launching in the App Store on Thursday! Thanks again everyone who's helped test - appreciate it much!

7. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This looks wonderful! I'm really looking forward to Thursday.

8. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thank you! :)

9. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I was just checking out your web page and saw the blurb for foresee 2. That's a fantastic idea, and an instabuy for me when it's released. I hope to see more info on it soon! Any idea yet when it might be finished?

10. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Hey there thanks for checking out the site :) Foresee went live (foreseetheday.com) in June 2013 and we've had it live through probably early fall of last year. Due to some issues with our data provider we've taken it down as we build the sequel, Foresee 2. There will be an overall design refresh, better data, improved UX, and some other goodies - hoping to go live by summer!

In the meantime, sure am hoping the App Store is back online by tonight..............