Universal ALONE... (by Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 27, 2014.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #41 sapphire_neo, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Finally unlocked Hyperspace, legit 1.0.1 with 5566m, and #2 on the Void leaderboard (probably for a day at best!) :D

Also, #1 on Hyperspace with 4727. Void is easily the most difficult mode in the game because of the terrain and flickering.

Edit: 7475 on Hyperspace now, so much fun, there's almost no time to blink!

2. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    1 - how is this game not getting more love?!

2 - how has TA not reviewed it yet!!!

What a surprise this gem was! I had been looking forward to nightmare cooperative for ages! I picked alone up as a mate recommended it and I haven't touched nightmare coop once since downloading this!

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Hold onto your horses, gang, it's coming. :p

4. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Excellent! Look forward to it!

Btw is anyone having problems with acchievements?!

5. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    It is not registering my scores on the other leaderboards or the achievements?!

Ps. This game is freakin dench

6. big-boys-gadget-toys

big-boys-gadget-toys Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Hi guys yep I love this game too as it's very similar to my own check out cave shooter 2 which I designed entirely myself but in my version I have added end of level bosses sorry for the shameless plug now back to this game

Great game great music visuals nice and just all out fun to play

7. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Looks pretty interesting to me. I've seen several websites mention it recently. I'm following the twitter feed in case something interesting drops. :)

8. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Just get it mate, ou will not regret it. The controls are insanely good! I haven't had addiction like this since bit pilot!

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #49 rIcHrAnDoM, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Something interesting has dropped...this game! It's a perfect twitch experience at the perfect price...as the poster above mentioned: JUST GET IT ;)

10. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I just hit 6670 in Pro... I think I need some Xanax or something now.

This game is perfect, a bases loaded Grand Slam right out the gate. I would love to hear the Dev talk about making this game, because this obviously a vision brought to fruition with spectacular success. I think this game would rock XBLA or PSN as well, with a d-pad setup.

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Updated my app store credits again and hey, let's buy this game, just an idea. Phew, thank god and my bank loan i hadn't to wait for 'drops'.

One update with two sliders, and i call Alone in the same breath with BosonX and Canabalt. Yes, i have that much fun. Well, well done, Laser Dog!

One for the sensivity and one for this hammer soundtrack. I'd like to hear more of the sfx sounds. Possible, dear Devs ?

Edit: hope my rating shows up in the store, having troubles lately.

12. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I might wait til this is reviewed. It looks fun, but not sure how long this would entertain me.

13. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Dude just look at the TA forum members straight 5 star ratings and the App Store rating of stone cole 5 stars.

Why do you need a TA review, it will only tell you what we already know, this game is gold!

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looking at the first post theres several reviews on other websites, lots of peoples reviews here, youtube videos to look at, and its only $1.99. Surely you dont need to wait longer ??

15. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #55 rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    I agree. It is what it says...a beautiful twitchy cave flyer.

Look at it this way, AppStore reviewers are some of the toughest people on the games market to please. This game, in the US, has 63 5 star reviews in its launch week. Two buck isn't a gamble with that type of feedback :D

16. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Does anyone play this with their finger or are you all thumb fliers?

17. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Both: sometimes left thumb, sometimes right index finger on right of screen :)

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    No review will ever give you that, you know it, too. It's all about your personal taste, but therefor you need to buy this game to find out. That would be the hard way. Or you wait for 'drops', which i personally hope won't happen in the next half year. It simply deserves every dollar.

I was a big runner fan, but after BosonX (almost one year old), there was a huge and boring gap in this genre, for me. Some of them were ok, but only for a very short while. Either they were too twitchy, difficult, life system etc. to hold my attention long enough. Now, i'm a runner fan again.

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I use my thumb on the left side, and sometimes switch it up to the right side of the screen. I never use my index finger on games, it just feels weird to me. If you use the left side, it seems like you'd have a better view of incoming obstacles, but honestly, I've tried both sides and haven't noticed a big difference.

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm late to the party(blame my addiction on junk jack x) but I love this game, it's the best twitchy endless I've played in a very long time.