All of this waiting...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Pacificsun0481, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, on Thursdays. That is also the day when Apple updates their AppStore "what's new" and "featured" areas.

2. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    Yeah I made a thread a while back on how much people would pay for Aralon and Josh voted $9.99. I commented on that and said that's probably the price but it seems nobody else noticed.

3. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #43 Pacificsun0481, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    I'm sure people noticed, it's just not set in stone.

I'm willing to pay 59.99, if that's what they ask for it...

The only question I had and still have, is whether the iPad version will launch simultaneously alongside the iPhone. The iPad beta is behind schedule, it seems. With the looking forward to this game, seeing it launch for iPhone and left with more waiting on the sidelines would suck.

If it won't release simultaneously, I'd still buy it. Maybe they're working hard to not let it be behind. I dunno.

I just don't wanna be realllllllllyyyyyy looking forward to the game, then see it release for iPhone and be like ????

I'd rather just know, than have my hopes dashed.

I really apologize for sounding like a whiner.

4. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm not. A lot of other people aren't, and if it came to it, I'm sure you wouldn't either.

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It will probably not able to launch simultaneous but since you are so upset about will probably let you beta. We still will need iPad beta testers afterall.

6. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #46 Pacificsun0481, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    I just nearly fainted.

:eek:

With excitement, that is...

You just cut my initial disappointment with hope.

I would try to be the best beta tester ever!

(although, I wouldn't want to beta test, because I've been vocal. I would want to Beta, because you believe that I'd be critical/objective and help to make sure the game is stable, playable....and because I love Grandmas Boy, too)

7. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    Lol grats on getting what you want to know and also becoming a beta tester :)

8. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    See what I mean when I say iPad games will naturally be released later because developing them is harder? -_-

9. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Release dates are tough to get because a publisher doesn't want to give one until they can be confident development won't hit a snag. Withholding the release date negates the need to delay a game.

I think prices are witheld simply because projections are more accurate once the game is closer to completion.

Also, giving too much information early can kill anticipation for the game. It's gamers imaginations that keep the "upcoming" game threads alive.

10. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

You make a fabulous point.

Though, eventually the imagination leads to hype...hype leads to fear, fear leads to the dark side...the dark side leads to "Eternal Legacy."
    ;)

11. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Agreed. I'm sure a lot of people would bend over and take it in the rear for this game, but be practical. I'm not financially struggling in any sense but for $60, I would expect to play a console-game, not a "PS2-like" version of OBLIVION which is what ARALON will be (no disrespect to the developers in any way at all).

12. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I was actually surprised, by a later release. Only if initially, all the screens were shown in an iPad. Which had me believing it was the lead platform.

Anyhow, is it generally harder because of screen ratio and resolution?

Or is it ram related? If it's ram related, the iPod touch4 has the same amount of ram as an iPad...

So I'm sure it's a combination of the allowed ram and resolution/ration of the iPad.

I probably answered my own question.

Touché.

13. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

Okay, maybe not 59.99...

I'd have to play it to really give what I believe is a fair assesssment of gameplay and price.

But it's worth more than 9.99, without having played it, IMHO.

14. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I'm definitely sure you're on the spot. There might be some more details, but neither of us are developers so it's all speculation from here. But yeah, please understand the trouble developers have to go through for an iPad version. Give them some flexibility, though your wait will be longer, your patience will be rewarded by the superior powers of the iPad.

15. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Maybe the device really is "magical"?

:p

16. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

The way it makes people money disappear for games is certainly magical. :p

17. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Can you choose me also I helped you decide on Dino rush :p :)

18. Axidrain

Axidrain Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    I lol'd so hard reading this. XD

19. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    (sigh)

It's looking like Asphalt 6 will be Gameloft's first December title. So more waiting, for the titles I've been waitng on.

Asphalt 6 wasn't one of them...

Not that asphalt 6, is bad. Just not interested in it.

I wonder, as Gameloft's tweet mentioned Monday (tomorrow) to keep a lookout for something, isn't it already monday in NZ?

20. meatz666

meatz666 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Software Developer
    Aberdeen/Scotland/UK
    I'm 29 like Pacificsun... When I said "age", I meant that after a certain age, if you're still into games, sometimes you get the same pleasure of talking about games that you get when playing them... At least I do... And I feel you on the Daikatana thing, was very disappointing... And the next Duke Nukem (that could be named Duke Nukem: Chinese Democracy) will probably disappoint me... I hope not, but it's very likely...

LMAO! The best modified-dark-side-star-wars-speech ever!