Universal All is Lost (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    @Foursaken
    The game crashes after a crew runs a few meters. This come to happen immediately after purchasing Remove Ads, so I guess there lies the problem. And another problem happened is that my data wasn’t saved on iCloud correctly... Though this might have been caused by an irreverent issue (like connection issue), after reinstalling the app and loading my data from iCloud, I found the only thing that remains is the Rank and others started from scratch. I’m using iPad Air 2, iOS 9.2.1.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    WOW, like Mirror's Edge but with randomized levels. Very, very cool indeed! :)

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Thanks for the reports guys, looking into them ASAP!

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I like it, a very original new runner. A few things:
    - It feels like an odd design decision that the crew members with the harder track, actually get less retries, one would think it would be the other any around.
    - The app crashes sometimes mid run after I played a while. I'm using an iPad Air with iOS 9.
    - Are the levels randomly generated? Does the game have an ending?
    Thanks!

5. talldwarf

talldwarf New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    To Foursaken Media, my son and I love your games so I downloaded and paid the IAP without a second thought on my iPhone. I later installed it on my iPad at home and I was surprised to see that the IAP unlock did not carry over to the second device.
    If, after playing the game and find it is my style (I generally look down upon "endless runners") I would be happy to support the 4 brothers as your games are awesome. Is the intent to pay to unlock per device or per account?
    Take care and have a great day.

6. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Great game so far minus the crash :)

Is there a way to discuss any of y'alls games? I have thoughts but don't want to mess up this thread.

Thanks

7. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    As long as it is the same itunes account on both devices, then under options there is a button to refresh purchases. Press that on the second device and u should be good to go!

8. talldwarf

talldwarf New Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Restore purchases does not work for multiple devices on same account.

I expected I would be able to "restore purchases" to the 2nd device, but it gave me the same error multiple times. Something to the effect of "this device" does not have any previous purchases.
    I think the issue is "this device" vs. "this account".
    I will try again when I go home.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bug found regarding missions. I have found the first 3 rare objects and salvaged them, and i saw the missions unlock earlier, but now only the Quantum Tunneling Device mission is marked as completed when i already had the Pure Unobtainium and HAL 9600 earlier.

10. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Loving this game, didn't think twice to get rid of ads in support. I love the permanent results of losing a crew member as it adds to the suspense. But, I am also not seeing my rare objects showing as obtained (Flux capacitor, HAL 9600, and finite probability drive). Hopefully this can be fixed. Otherwise, awesome game!

11. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Found a bug i am on 6s+ ios 9.21 i bought ad remover i got 3 dudes done with and today it had ads enabled again and i had to download ad remover again it was free since i already bought it. But it lost all my progress i had so i got to start over no biggy since i was only 3 guys in on the training missions. But i could see some angry folks if they got far and lost progress.

12. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Very strange! Making sure to fix these up (along with other reported bugs and crashes) for the first update trying to get out ASAP!

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you. I've had to honestly stop playing because of the non stop crashing. I can't do anything without it crashing and it's very frustating. I literally just tried 6 times and crash crash crash. So I'm done until this is addressed. I really wanted to play.

Billy

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I actually got the Unobtainium again is the 4th or 5th station.

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Are the levels random?

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Only the Simulator = endless mode

I appreciate the extra life coming with the ads unlock, thanks. The reason why i already saved two captains, though way shorter in. During all my testing i only saved two as well, lol.

I just saved HAL 9600 and this far, not one crash on my 5s, 8.4.1

17. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    So the game has an ending?

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I thought the other levels were randomized too. There are a bunch of predesigned sections, but I think they are set differently from gameto game. Also, the sequence of closing fire doors isn't always the same... Or at least it seems to change from game session to game session.

19. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Chose your crew member and run his predesigned path until it's over...
    Foursaken, please?

No idea about an ending, only 40% in.
    No risk, it's a free game...

20. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    6s+ 9.0.2, had to restore ad removal also. Not sure if I caused it tho. I reset the app to start over. Nice to simulate to warm up too, I dig this.