Universal All is Lost (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 3, 2016.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Good god whatta week!!!! iOS, so epic lately.

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I beta tested this and loved it. I am looking forward to see if anything changed since then. I remember having some pretty good suggestions which FM seemed to appreciate, so we shall see...

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

4. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    This game is very kewl...totes kewl...

Kinda reminds me of the planet map in Destiny, which is most definitely a good thing. Great job Foursaken!

5. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    iOS is SO hot right now, just like Hansel :)

6. mstacheef

mstacheef Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Wow. Amazingly impressed. Best runner I've played yet. Bought the iAP right away. Amazing graphics and atmosphere. Challenging but great controls so not too challenging.
    Experienced one crash when I died and retried. Froze on the loading screen. Haven't reproduced it yet after a few more tries.

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Jumped right in!

The fun and sorry state of iTunes store is: I can't even find this game by searching the title, or the publisher. I have to rely on the link provided in TA forum here!

8. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I'm most excited about this. I love Foresaken games. Nice to see its not $10. Although I would happily pay that for their games.

9. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    If I mess up & "hit" something meaning I should fail the game closes & im on my phone screen. It completely boots me from the game.

10. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    After having spent some time with the game, I would have to say it is quite good! The atmosphere/theme is really cool and the controls are nicely done.

11. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    This game is genius. From concept to execution it delivers. It adds just the right amount of personality to the endless runner genre. It nails the feeling of isolation and desperation as you try to get the crew members to safety. And I just got to say that I love the music. I think it adds just the right touch. Conceptually, this is easily one of the best games I've played in a while.

12. Jubbleston

Jubbleston Member

Apr 26, 2015
    #32 Jubbleston, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    I am not so lucky. Can't find it via search and the TA link just gives me an endless spinning loading icon on the App Store.

Was it taken down?

Edit: Huh, after 30 min or so now it works. Downloading!

13. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Just watched the trailer and the first thing that came to my mind were the swiping on The Executive, did I get the right impression?

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Somewhat. The stuff in Executive is so much more forgiving. Think of this as a rhythm game combined with an endless runner AND a platformer. At some points you'll actually have to input prompts that show up after the immediate ones (barely a second later) in order to have an object move into position before you get to it. It's just brilliant stuff and really has no right to be this magnitude of awesome.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Got the same issue in the uk.... It seems to be happening with a few things on the store at the moment

16. Hoodin

Hoodin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2016
    It is. Just google it and follow the app store link from there and you should be good!!!

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I agree! You are spot on brother!

Where this game shines is in the fact that it screws with your brain. It forces you to make decisions quickly with both hands. I really really love the intensity of it. Honestly I don't understand how they are only charging $1 to remove the ads. They are short changing themselves on that.

Billy

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This easily sits up there with the best side-scrolling runners. Totally skill and reaction based, and the aesthetics are fantastic. For a buck, it's really a steal.

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    So I just went to play, and the crash I reported last night is now occurring the second I start that same level. I cannot proceed or play. Argh. I tapped it to start and ban in looking at the home screen.

James Coleman. Level 4.

The second the level starts it crashes. I'm going to see if going back to level 3 works

Billy

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I figured out the problem!

Ok the game is crashing the second I die. It started last night on that mission that said I must escape on the first attempt. That's when it started. I just tried a different mission and as long as I didn't die it was fine. If I die or if the level ends it crashes.

Again I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1

And Boom goes the dynamite. Lol

Billy