"All iPhone Applications" Button Disappeared

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tizzyler03, Sep 28, 2008.

1. tizzyler03

tizzyler03 Well-Known Member

The "All iPhone Applications" button on the iTunes App Store has disappeared as well as "All iPod Touch Applications" and "All Free Applications" buttons. I knew that the Store was having some problems (like only showing Apps from September 15 and earlier), but I don't know if Apple temporarily removed these links or if they'll always be gone. Personally, I liked using the "All iPhone Applications" link. It was how I kept up with the latest iPhone Apps on a daily basis. Anyone have more information on this matter??

2. tkphotograph

tkphotograph Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2008
    I feel like, when the "all app list" reached 90 pages it messed up. That's how I "searched" the app store too though.

3. Burkazoid

Burkazoid New Member

Yeah it would really suck if those links are gone forever. Loved checking the app store for new apps throughout the week.

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

maybe this means they are making something even better to replace it

5. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
  6. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    I always used this site to give me an update of what's new.

Here's a site that tells what apps have dropped in price.

http://www.148apps.com/price-drops/

ENJOY THE RIDE.
    Bill. :)

7. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
  8. breitigam

breitigam Member

Sep 6, 2008
    App store a bit broken - a makeover coming?

The App lists were screwed up for a few days -- now gone - iTunes App store stats sites that were springing up now have no place to draw ranking stats from perhaps. The recent Apps list on the iphone has been stuck for two days -- no updates -- no new apps? I'm not complaining...our App "Gaia" has been sitting at new apps number 4 for a couple days and it doesn't hurt. No reviews for a few days on our app - not likely. Something is broken, stuck, stopped...a makeover coming?

Dave B.

9. breitigam

breitigam Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Update

I think Apple will separate updates from the new list. Without this separation there was a strong incentive to release app updates for any reason, as it caused a pop in sales due to a position on the list of new apps. This may be happening as we speak as two new apps just popped up on the iphone and they really are new...not just updates.

Dave B.

10. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    If this happens, some interesting things will be in store for everyone. There will be significantly less updates, as the main incentive would be gone. And you'd start seeing more version 2.0 apps, which you'd have to pay for. Also, there would be more new games, as developers will have more time to create new things, instead of spending all their time doing updates to maintain sales.

11. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    To be honest, I just keep an eye on Toucharcade's RSS feed for games (picked up afew price-drop games like Aqua Forest and Moto Chaser. Thanks guys!) and also AppShopper.com. I used to keep sorting for All iPhone Apps by Release Date literally twice a day, but that pasttime has gone now....