Universal Aliens Versus Humans (by Leisurerules Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Nov 24, 2011.

1. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    What if we changed the mechanics such that the XP you earn at the end of each mission can be used as research points towards unlocking better gear?

This would provide incentive to do well during the missions as the better you do the more XP you earn. Further, it would allow you more control over how gear is unlocked.

Comments?

Al(ien)

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That sounds promising.

3. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #43 Marcus70, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    I really like the environments you made for this game. In one mission, I lost three soldiers to one enemy out in the fields. So I moved two soldiers into the second floor of one the buidlings and sniped him from through the 2nd story window.

Also, it's fun to see the Molotov gun torch multiple enemies :)

I do wish there was some variety in how your soldiers look (even the women look the same as the men). Maybe at least have some change to the colors of their uniforms?

4. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    We are hard at work and improving our sprites is top of the list. With regard to how the soldiers look, how would you like to see them? We have a few options. We could change the color of their uniforms in order to make them distinguishable on the battlefield. We could also change their profile (top right during a mission) to add color there as well. Possibly we could set the color based on their rank, number of kills. This would allow you to see who your best soldiers are on the screen. Let us know what you'd like to see and we can work it into an update.

In our next update, you'll be able to name your soldiers.

Oh, my personal favorite is to go on the roof and throw down proximity grenades and wait for the booms... ;)

Al(ien)

5. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    #45 Marcus70, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    For me, I just want to be able to distinguish which person is who and things like different color pants, jackets, etc would help a lot. Right now, I have to always go into their character info screen to see who have the better weapons and skills. I also I really like your idea of putting a soldier rank/kills next to the character name or maybe even what weapon they have equipped there would help.

Thanks for allowing us to change the names in the future. Twice I've had two people on my active squad with the same name (Emily or Kitt) :)

6. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Aliens versus Humans 1.0.2 has been submitted to the AppStore and is waiting for review. Hopefully it will be reviewed by the cutoff. This isn't a huge update but it is based on feedback from our users. Our next update (likely in January) is what we're working on now and I can tell you from the testing I've already done, playing on the iPad is much improved.

Of course, if any testers are interested, we are looking for more. We just added a person in Australia and the feedback has been great.

Contact me via PM or our support email if you're interested in testing out our next release.

Al(ien)

7. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Aliens versus Humans 1.0.2 will be released to the AppStore tomorrow night.

Al(ien)

8. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    #48 Marcus70, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
    Looking forward to the update. Also, good to hear you got it approved before the app store closes this Thurday (for the holiday break).

9. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    The latest version of Aliens versus Humans is now available in the AppStore. Check out our updates page for what's coming next. How about the ability to create your own missions? Comments?

Al(ien)

10. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for adding the numerical information in the UI (in the latest update), it's very useful to me. :)

11. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks for the update but I really don't like the new icon, the old one was perfect.

12. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    I blame Hu(man). It was all her fault. If it were only up to me, I'd choose the alien... of course.

Al(ien)

13. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Hey the latest update of Aliens versus Humans (1.1.0) should hit the AppStore later today (or tomorrow if today is already tomorrow where you are...)

Some notable new features:

Create and play your own missions.
    Funkadelic zoom.
    AvH is now a Universal App with awesome iPad only features (touch the soldier profile in the top right corner during a mission).
    Implemented a new 3-star rating system for missions.

As always, keep the feedback coming.

Yes, we're working on adding a geoscape, bases, research, etc. But that's a big update and it won't be done for a while.

Al(ien)

14. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    #54 Marcus70, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks for making the app universal and looking forward to try and make my own mission (though knowing me, it will probably take me forever).

Edit: Wow, only took a few minutes to make a mission. Great new feature!

15. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Hey everyone. Aliens versus Humans 1.1.2 has been submitted to Apple. Should be out in a few days. We have added 5 new missions and you'll get to explore a new area. This represents the last planned release of AvH 1.x.

We are hard a work on Aliens versus Humans 2.0 which will add a geoscape, bases and research, etc.

The price will likely go up when we release AvH 2.0 given all of the awesome features and content we'll be adding. However, it will be a free update for everyone that purchased Aliens versus Humans (at our current price).

As always, send us your feedback.

Al(ien)

16. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    cool :D i'll be picking this one up shortly

17. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Quick question:

Will we still be able to play the game as it is now in 1.1 - i.e. without the complexity form the bases, research etc. - after 2.0, such as an Arcade mode (1.1) and a Simulation mode (2.0) or something? I personally am a bit put off by the extra complexity that might come from the new updates.

Cheers,
    Paulo

18. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Hi Paulo.

We will be keeping the two games separate. When you start the game, you will choose from the top-level menu whether you want to be doing "1.0" content (as it is now) or whether you want to develop your bases, conduct, research, etc ("2.0" content).

If you only want to play 1.0 as you have it now, you would access this off the new/load game menu to choose what you want.

I will admit that we have had a great number of requests from people to add content like the original X-Com. So we are adding base development, research, manufacturing, buy/sell/transfer, equipping soldiers, etc.

Thanks for your interest in AvH.

Al(ien)

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for the continued updates. This game is too often over looked. It is good to see a receptive developer continuing enhancement. You guys are obviously passionate about this game and it shows in the product.

20. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Thanks for your comment undeadcow. We haven't yet figured out how to get seen in the AppStore. I believe it is a common problem for many indie developers. Our strategy has been to listen to our customers, add requested features and build a strong user community. So far so good.

We are hoping that once we get base development and research added, it just might get some traction. We've had very good feedback on our game play which is good.

We will post up some youtube videos of our current progress soon.

Thanks...

Al(ien)