Universal Aliens Versus Humans (by Leisurerules Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Nov 24, 2011.

1. soundshaper

soundshaper Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I've been waiting for a lite version too... Is there a release date planned? There has been too many good games recently that took all my money... So now I'm only gonna spend any extra money on games that I can test and be sure to play it in the future. But that said this game has been in my radar for along time now, if there is no lite version soon Enough, my fingers might still be crazy enough to click buy and type in the password to purchase this game on their own!?

2. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    The lite version is in open beta. Why don't you give the beta a try? You get missions to try out but also PvP.

For PvP, there are three different types:

1. Classic PvP. You start at your square, your enemy starts at theirs. Kill them before they kill you.
    2. Capture the flag. Get to their flag before your enemy gets to yours OR kill all enemy soldiers first.
    3. Scramble PvP. Your squad has been scattered across the battlefield. Figure out how to stay alive: hide, regroup, make a plan.

In PvP, player one designs the mission. They choose the type of PvP, the terrain, the number of soldiers (max is 12), what gear the soldiers take and if they get armor.

Each team decides how to equip their soldiers and then the mission starts.

The missions run through Game Center and testing so far has been pretty good.

If you're not sure about Aliens versus Humans, get in on the beta. We still have some testing to do but it has been very solid.

Besides, anyone that helps us test will get their name on our Credits page as an official tester.

Al(ien)

3. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Beta testing for AvH: Missions has completed and Missions has been submitted to Apple. It will be available soon as a Free download on Apple's App Store. I added a new thread announcing AvH: Missions here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=207698

If you have questions about Aliens versus Humans: Missions, ask them in the above thread.

Al(ien)

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Cool. I've been looking forward to this free version. If I like it I'll happily buy the main game.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Or you could just buy XCom...

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Huh? :confused:

DBC

7. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I could, but my iPhone is flaky right now with massive games like that. So no sense in throwing good money at pricy games I can't play. When I get my 5s though, this game could be the gateway to the other (though info like the file size of this one 1,000,000 times better). Hopefully the free version hits the store soon. I have checked pretty regularly hoping it comes out.

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Glad you got the connection, because I sure didn't...

DBC

9. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    But this is so much better than Xcom, this is the original game we all played in 1994/5.

10. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I like them both. Back when I was at uni I played X-Com for ages (being on placement I was away from my friends), but Xcom has an immediacy that is hard to beat.

11. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Al(ien)

Forgive me for going off topic but have you considered making a Syndicate clone next?
    I think Syndicate is the only game I rated above XCom at the time, I loved it.

12. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I actually had Syndicate on the Jag :(

Would love to play it on a decent system.

13. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Actually about a month ago, I bought Syndicate on Gog to play again. It definitely has potential for an iOS port. Has it been done? I haven't checked yet to see if anyone has done a decent port or not.

Al(ien)

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Omg I would so buy if this came true!

15. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    No. No one has done one to my knowledge because I'd be all over it like I am all over this game. In the words of Jean-Luc Picard, " Make it so!"

16. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Any word back from Apple on the other version of the game? I'm hoping it's this week.

17. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    I'd love to see local multiplayer for this one. Online multiplayer is okay, but I'd like to pass & play with my friends locally.

18. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    nightc1, it is out in two days, Wednesday night at 9pm.

steviebwoy, currently it is designed to work over online multiplayer. Theoretically, it is possible to do on a single device but exceedingly annoying as you can use more than one Game Center account but would need to log out, log in, take your turn, log out, log in, take the other player's turn.

Al(ien)

19. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Hm, would it take a lot of work to add local multiplayer? The Game Center option doesn't really seem particularly smooth! :p

As an aside; if you did add this option, it would be one of the few TBS games to have it - so it would be a massive coup for the game, and I'm sure you'd get a lot of sales from people seeking this feature.

20. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Well we hadn't considered pass and play as part of the design. We'll have to see if it becomes a hotly requested feature.

Al(ien)