Universal Aliens Versus Humans (by Leisurerules Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Nov 24, 2011.

1. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Terror missions? Yes, yes, yes.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    *raises hand* why not? Extra content is always welcome.

3. aliensvshumans

aliensvshumans Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Ok, it looks like our new Free/Lite versus of Aliens versus Humans will be available fairly soon. We threw in the first 5 missions of the original Aliens versus Humans but we've also added Free multiplayer.

If anyone is interested in participating in our closed beta of multiplayer, please contact us via our support email.

Al(ien)

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    May be a stupid question but any chance you can make the regular full game run on OS 5 rather than 6?
    I can play it on my iphone 4s but would much prefer to play it on my 1st gen ipad...Any chance (other than people's comments of me needing to upgrade)?

5. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    It works on 3GS 4.2.1 for me.

6. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Don't see how. It says requires 6.0 so no way it can work on your 4.2.1 OS

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    #267 saansilt, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Actually, it does.
    This game has been around.

8. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I'll wait for the dev to comment because what you're saying is in no way helpful

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    He meant that the game has been around for several years. I know it worked on old iOS iterations, but I don't know if the last version works on the iPad 1 iOS.

@Al(ien): Are you implementing terror missions in the end?

10. jAc0297

jAc0297 Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Student
    Cool

Cool features, are you going to be adding multiplayer?

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    It doesn't now. If you're using the latest version(which I am), it's OS 6. iPad 1 only goes as high as OS 5...

12. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    It turns out you're both kinda right. The latest version does require iOS6 which will strand the original iPad as it only goes to iOS5. So if you don't update the iPad from the previous version, you can continue to play it on the iPad.

These changes occurred as we add support for new features (like iCloud) that aren't available in the older iOS versions.

Mr. Charley, I'll drop you a DM to talk offline.

Al(ien)

13. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Sounds good (except not being able to play on my antiquated 1st gen) as I only have the latest version) :eek:

14. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    @VirtualBoyFreak We are still looking to add terror missions eventually. We'll need to add support for iOS7 too...

@jAc0297, we are adding multiplayer to our lite version. Essentially, we have been asked to provide a lite version by a lot of people as they are resistant to buying AvH: 2 if they aren't going to like it. So we took the original AvH 25 missions and you get to play the first 5 missions for free. There is a 99 cent IAP for the remaining 20 missions. Anyone that already bought Aliens versus Humans: The Onslaught already have the 25 missions. But we also added free multiplayer to the lite version. It is a seeding strategy honestly. We want new people to find AvH: The Onslaught so we've provided a lite version and the multiplayer will hopefully get people playing with their friends who in turn will hopefully like the game and upgrade to AvH: The Onslaught.

I think the game is under 25MB so it shouldn't really deter people from having both on their devices.

And I should add, it's free. Really free for multiplayer. And I've been test playing for hours and it is quite fun. You get to choose night/day missions, choose what terrain maps you want, the number of soldiers per side and choose weapons and armor.

Each side gets a balanced team of soldiers (both players get different soldiers but with identical stats). You equip your soldiers at the beginning of the match and then start playing.

We hope it leads to a lot of fun battles (and new sales of AvH: The Onslaught).

Al(ien)

15. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm looking forward to the lite version. I wanted to buy this before but wasn't sure so soon I'll be able to try it and if I like it I'll buy the full version. Thanks.

16. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm looking forward to trying the lite version as well but am confused on the pricing structure. You stated the lite version is free and the iap is .99 --- however the current version is $2.99. So what do I get for the $2.99 compared to trying the lite version and paying the .99 iap?

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    From what I gather, The Onslaught mode (world domination and resource management) is only in the full $3 version. The lite version has only the $1 IAP for the rest if the basic 25 story missions which are all of the training missions in the main game. The lite version also has the multiplayer.

18. aliensvshumans

May 10, 2011
    Hey everyone. If any of you could not get the latest version of Aliens versus Humans because we dropped support for iOS5, you should be able find "Aliens versus Humans" in the AppStore and download the last version that supports the version of iOS you're on.

Just letting any of you who could not move to iOS6 (and now iOS7), you still have options to play AvH.

Al(ien)

19. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    To people who want a light version.

Just buy the game, honestly its a pure classic and worth every penny, its FAR better then the new Xcom game and cheaper :)

20. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm still waiting on the lite version. I have too many games to play as it is. I'd like to check this out before I throw money at it since I'm not sure if this is a genre I will love.