Universal Aliens Drive Me Crazy - (By Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chaos_u, May 7, 2014.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah, thank you so much!! There were a few other games it was happening with as well... so... yay! lol. Back to the game... gotta get in as much as I can before work!!! =oD

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Another winner from Rebel Twins! I am enjoying the purity and mayhem of this.

4. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Anyone here finished the game? I've already gotten to District 9 yesterday. This game is too short! Also how do you get back to District 1? I remember someone asked it before but I didn't see an answer.

5. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    After district 10 a new world opens. The game is huge! I'm already at like district 22.

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Officially addicted...

District 54 and saved my money early for the ray-gun and specially the police car. Well worth it, imho. Did not like how many times i got stuck with the first car. District 1 again, only if you erase data.
    Playing on iphone 5, latest version and even though i restarted the phone before i played for the first time, it can get pretty laggy. Due to the gameplay it's not very obvious sometimes. Am i the only one ?

Again a great timewaster dear Devs, congrats !

7. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Wow great job!

The game occasionally laggs for me too.

Did you play their other games? Is crumble zone any good? And what about daddy was a thief?

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Daddy is somehow similar and i prefere this one. Crumble Zone is by far the Devs best game, but this of course is only my personal point of view.

If the "little" money doesn't hurt you, spend it. Future games are coming this way from some very talented Devs.

9. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Oh wow! I was totally fooled by that.Looking forward to getting pass Level 9 tonight!

10. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks for your support and feedback, everyone. We're pretty stoked when we hear your impressions!

11. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought, I havent even started Last Inua yet and I dont have any time anymore since work took all of it, from 8 am to 8 pm, but I wanted to support an endless runner without IAP. :)

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ***BUG***

I was playing, and at the top of the tower, there were 2 enemies on the same floor as the door. I grabbed the key, jumped up into the door. The door shut, and hid me behind it until I started moving again, now I can't complete the level because the doors shut.

Maybe if something like this happens, a key could spawn after a certain amount of time? I dunno... I just shot at helicopters til I died...

Attached Files:

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Lol, oh WOW! District 54?? I was thinking there were only the 9 districts......and I was actually kinda happy with that. I need to get moving. This game is a lot bigger than I thought.

Great job devs!!

14. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    #74 rebel twins, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    Hmm, strange.. Thanks alot for reporting. I have to check it out.

I'm looking forward to your first impressions!

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I had this same bug happen. I really didn't mind though as I used the opportunity to spam some coin destroying helicopters at 50 coins a pop. :D

Btw, REALLY enjoying Crumble Zone, thanks for the recommendation guys ;)

Richard

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Well, I plan on retiring to focus on my work, my new position needs me focus on that, and my mind is on TouchArcade more, so tough decisions have to be made. Anyways...

Well, I did played quite a bit today.

The endless runner is the most popular genre on the AppStore, a place they can call "home". Since Cannabalt or Jetpack Joyride we have seen an exponential growth, a meteoric rise that have been both is golden age and its demise. We have seen some of the best games it has to offer, like Worm Run -the first game that comes to mind, and for a good reason- but we also have been overwhelmed. Personally, I have grown a bit tired of the genre. They became stagnant, with little innovation. Most of them tasks you with nearly identical things: run and jump, collect coins and buy upgrades, with little else variation and not much to do. Every now and then we have been graced by some that did things right, like Worm Run -yes, again-, but personally, I havent seen a good one so far this year, and perhaps more. So I was a been wary of buying this because I thought it was going to be the same experience I got with a similar game released a week ago. And I am glad I was wrong. Yes, in this game you also collect coins, jump and buy upgrades, but it innovates in some ways, that while not groundbreaking, injects some life into the genre. While you do the same things as I the rest of the games, jump, run, collect coins and buy upgrades, Aliens Drive Me Crazy ads a couple of new mechanics that makes it interesting.

You usually are not on your foot, you are driving a car causing mayhem and destruction in your path, with lots of explosions and smashing aliens into oblivion and to do so you swipe up to jump and swipe down to crush, crushing houses and other stuff. Swipes are responsive. Jumping is effortless and smashing is too, just a little less sensitive. Nothing to worry about but worth mentioning. After a bit, you will arrive at a bigger building that have hostages held by the aliens, and you have to rescue them... the best way possible, shooting down the aliens with your weapon, trying to survive, rescuing them and finding the key to the exit, and you do this walking. After you get out of the building, it collapses and you parachute into the car and keep going. And this is where Aliens Drive Me Crazy differentiates itself from the rest. The game is endless, but divided into levels, and it keeps your progress, so if you die after beating section 3, the game will save it to the leaderboards and the next time you play the game you will be on that same place, trying to reach the next one instead of starting over. I think this is brilliant and adds a lot, so you can eventually can discover what the whole game has to offer... eventually. If you add to that a shop with new weapons, cars, characters, permanent unlocks, consumable items and more we got a lot of content.

Aliens Drive Me Crazy also doesn't sport any IAP. So no unfair advantage for full wallets, but it does offer revives. I thought they were incompatible but here they are. At least they activate only once per run and automatically so you cant revive yourself and move up the charts like crazy.

I am the first to admit I was sick of the genre, but this game has enough going for it to sparkle a light in my eyes while I play it, and that is rare. Cant stop playing this, and in between dEXTRIS. Aliens Drive Me Crazy will be crack to runner games fans, joyful to players looking for your next hook and refreshing to those tired of the genre, that think that the genre doesn't have anything else to offer.

See you guys on the Darkin thread on wednesday.

17. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Terrible game. Just a stupid car jumping up and down. How do games like this ever get past Apple quality testing. How on earth did Apple pass this game?? How did they find the time to stop playing it to pass it???

I have to get some sleep. Its 5.45 am. Games as addictive as this should be BANNED. But I can hardly wait to wake up and play it again. I LOVE it!!

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ha! Funny, I feel the same :D

19. Well, good luck with your new job.

Yeah, dextris and this game rock. So many good games this week, Kiwanuka is good too and leos fortune was incredible.

Darkin and Biosis are both great upcoming games.

Take care.

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#80 Bronxsta, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    Can't believe I overlooked this. Saw Frost's impressions on another forum, checked out the trailer. This looks so good. Downloading now

Edit: And no IAP! That's a pretty nice plus for a runner game.