Universal Aliens Drive Me Crazy - (By Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chaos_u, May 7, 2014.

1. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Rebel Twins = bought!

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Some quick imps after playing for a little while...

- An odd mix off extreme polish and somewhat crude gameplay, but this is by design.

- You alternate between driving the car and being on foot in a building. Both have very... odd... controls, which you should expect going in. With the car, you simply swipe up to jump or down to crash through a floor. You do a lot of basic destruction along the way, just for fun, and otherwise you are trying to avoid enemy fire or kill them by crushing them with the car. A lot of cartoony physics and stuff crashing, smashing, exploding, etc. On foot the game becomes an auto-runner, kinda like your basic "go until you hit a wall and turn around" controls. You also have a weapon in this mode, but there is zero explanation of how anything works which seems out of place.

- The artwork and polish in the cutscenes is insane, whoever is responsible for this has incredible talent. It is a gloomy cell shaded kinda toon theme that is really something. The game itself feels more like cutout children's paper pieces, again that is the theme.

- I wouldn't say the game is easy, you can't take damage and the difficulty is in trying to ensure you stay safe while stuff is crashing around all over the place.

- Too early to rate the game, I support this Dev regardless because they always go out on a limb and I never look at gameplay videos first... One thing is for sure, if you like crashing stuff around this is the game for you.

3. Ok!

Really loved Crumble Zone, so will give this game a whirl. Looking forward to trying it.

4. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    Bought and liking it. Really fun game with some chaotic gameplay.

I was first a little irritated, because I thought I had to somehow avoid the obstacles.

Also great that there are no inapp purchases! Great work!

5. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    What an amazing game! Having a blast with it :D you should pick this one up!

6. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Thanks a lot for your speedy and great reviews guys! Lovely to see the enthusiasm, keeps us going :).

7. Geertyy

Apr 15, 2013
    You did a fantastic job! I hope you'll keep it like it is without IAP, that's a huge plus for this game.

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Cool, it doesnt have IAP, but... something before I dive in... does it have revives?

9. Geertyy

Apr 15, 2013
    Yes it does. You can buy extra hearts permanently and single use revives.

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I already planned to pick it up but your enthusiasm makes it that much better :)

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #31 rIcHrAnDoM, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Sorry for the double post.

Damn! This is freaking everything I had hoped for and lots, lots more. I can see myself playing this from start to finish, front to back etc.

More later, now back to my new favorite game! Seriously :)

Btw, I don't won't of their other games any recommendations on which ones are best?

12. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Bought it and liked it. The artstyle and SFX was what really appealed to me. The game play was unique. I was just a little disappointed by the lack of objectives and powerups/customizations. I haven't gone too far into the game yet to tell if it doesn't get repetitive after awhile. Hopefully the devs will add more content and unlockables in future. I wonder if they'll continue updating because I noticed Daddy Was a Thief's last update was in August 2013.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I loved both Crumble Zone and Daddy was a Thief. The Daddy game looks somewhat similar to the new one (judging by videos of the new game) so I would suggest you buy Crumble Zone.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ok, thanks. This game is so freaking awesome that I'll probably pick up all their other games, quite honestly.

Btw, just left my five star review on the US store. I hope this game gets the recognition it deserves. Oh, and someone earlier said there weren't many upgrades?! There's a ton of upgrades and unlockables in the game, cars, weapons, upgrades for each weapon, outfits, lives, revives, special weapons etc. the game is full of upgrades :D

Richard

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This game has rocket launchers as weapons or only mobs are using them?

16. Geertyy

Apr 15, 2013
    Glad to hear it! Hope you're having as much fun as me!

17. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    From what I can tell only mobs, you can buy a rocket "air strike" but I think it's different.

18. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Absolutely...this is great :D

19. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hmm after reading all the comments I decided to buy the game, but for me it turned out as a disappointment. For me personally this game is to similar to daddy was a thief. I can see why people like this but for me personally this is just more of the same.

20. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I never played that one but honestly "more of the same" in this instance, sounds good to me. I love how this game plays and the variety offered. I'd say play farther, things get really crazy later on. But, I can see where this might not be for some. :)