Universal Alien Tribe 2 - A 4X Real-Time Strategy Space Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ritter, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Dudes, grab this while it is free. Or better yet, don't, and buy it afterwards! This is one of the finest strategic experiences for the iOS platform!

Only so far as Civilization can be summarized as building towns and defeating opponents.

Alien Tribe 2 is a very slow RTS/4X hybrid. You control units and build like a regular RTS (Starcraft, or better yet, Homeworld), but you most of the the trappings of the 4X genre: advancements in tech, large-scale expansion and colonization with many bases and settlements, mine for resources, move resources around, built multiple armies, the whole eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate routine.

There are elements of tower defense to static defense placement (turrets in space), but this in in ADDITION to regular (albeit slow) RTS combat with manually controlled troops.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    This isn't how I found the game. I didn't compete against other civilizations, I just had some enemies appear every set amount of time, who were stronger with each attack. There was no way to beat that enemy as I don't think they have a homeworld, they just appear out of nowhere, each time stronger. So you're basically just hunting for ark pieces until your time is up - when you're overwhelmed by these enemies.

I felt like there could be a great game here if it was like civ in that you are competing for galactic dominance with actual opponents but that isn't it.

Btw I might be missing something as I didn't play this too much, but this is the structure of the game I found.

3. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Alien Tribe 2 has much more than just hunting for the ark pieces. You have to build a defense, you have to explore other solar systems, you have the 40 missions, you have to find the ark ship parts, you have civilize other planets, you have mine raw materials, you have to do research, you have to do build resource networks and much much more. With version 2.0 you also have to produce the fuel for the ark ship. We have a lot of players who play a single Alien Tribe 2 game much longer than we expected (10 hours+).

By the way, we have Alien Tribe 2 reduced to $1.99 for next days.

4. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    the v2 of ALIENT TRIBE 2 is now out for a while and some of you play the game since December 2013 or even know the first part of ALIEN TRIBE.
    What do you think gets worse in the game? Are there issues where you think we made the wrong decisions?

Please tell us what you think.

5. valkyre

valkyre Active Member

Dec 15, 2013
    For me there is nothing to complain. It is one of the best 4X RTS game for me on the App Store and I can recommend it to everybody who is looking for a real-time strategy game. It has no in-app purchases and it is worth every penny. But if I have free wishes:

- A diplomatic layer
    - Minimizing micro-management by building a complete defense lines
    - Attacking an enemy
    - More missions

Please don't get me wrong - Alien Tribe 2 is fantastic. I would love to see a successor. Do you have any plans to release Alien Tribe Part 3?

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    #306 imdakine1, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    I'm a total newbie and am lost in the tutorial. I am hoping to be able to get into this game since it seems amazing!

How do I transfer objects to to my construction ship? Everything I do closes the windo and no object is transferred. It appears that maybe the issue is the tutorial? I can't move objects to the ship and the window keeps closing... Ugh!

I'm using an iPhone 6

7. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Hi Imdakine1,

when the transfer dialog is open, tap on the buttons with the numbers, not on the resource icons with the arrows. Does it work?

8. AndThereItIs

AndThereItIs Member

Oct 20, 2015
    #308 AndThereItIs, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Game is broken and unplayable on iPad Air 2 iOS 9. Tried to go through the tutorial and couldn't get past the first part because it tells you to click on a planet or something, and you simply can't, I click , double click, nothing happens. No matter where or what I touch on the screen nothing happens.

So then Imfigured I would just screw the tutorial and start a game...same thing, can't click on anything. Nothing is responding to my touch on the screen.

Game looks fun I want to play baddddd.

9. AndThereItIs

AndThereItIs Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Never mind, the same thing happened twice, then I restarted a third time and it registered my touches and i could actually play.

Man there is a lotto this game...I mean a lot. It's in depth and I am kinda overwhelmed. But I love it. I learning very slowly what to build first. Any tips actually? I play on easy and I always die. They kill my freighters, then I can't get materials to build guns, more freighters, etc, and it's kinda game over .

10. Ukando

Ukando Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2013
    #310 Ukando, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Good to hear it's working now... :)
    iOS 9 has so many bugs at the moment. I hope Apple fixes it soon.

Here an example description for beginners:

First move your Research Ship out of the Solar System. Scan near the system and reveal all asteroids here.
    Then send the Research Ship back into the system and let it scan all planets herein.
    Build a 3rd freighter and a 4th. Move the freighters to the asteroids. So they begin to harvest.
    (You can use one freighter to carry the resources from the scanned planets to your homeworld.)
    Use your Constructor to build a Solar Inventory in your home system near the portal.
    Now load enough metal to the constructor to build a railgun and add 2 energy to the constructor too.
    Build the railgun in deepspace near your home system and near the asteroid(s). Unload the energy into the gun to enable it. This should help to repel the energy beings.
    Now you can build a Pipeline near your home system. Connect it with the star system. So you can access the resources of your home world.
    Build an Energy Distributor near it.
    Now connect the Energy Distributor to the Pipeline if not connected yet.
    Connect the Railgun to the Energy Distributor if not connected.

Now you have your first gun and ensured it's energy supply.

I think this should help to establish your first installations.

Game on
    Stefan

11. ritter

ritter Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    CEO Ritter Mobile
    Munich, Germany
    Hello,

we just wanted to inform you that we have a new game finished and it is something completely different than Alien Tribe 2. More info here and it would be great if you could leave a first feedback.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=276401

We are already working on a concept for Alien Tribe 3. If you have any wishes, ideas, critic etc please let us know...

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This one is 64 bit,right?I mean it was updated in summer of 2015.

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Good question. I've just PM'd the dev so will hopefully get a reply soon.

14. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep, it is 64 Bit.

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Nice, thanks for lettting me know.

16. musicalteapot

musicalteapot New Member

Sep 10, 2021
    Male
    i’m a bit mystified.
    I built 4 rail guns, and 2 lasers next to my home planet but when i get attacked they do absolutely nothing.
    i tried dragging to aim - nothing
    i tried the button that goes grey or red - nothing.

i just got wiped out.
    The tutorial is a little lacking in this regard.

why don’t the weapons work?