Universal Alien Shooter 2 - Reloaded (by Sigma Team)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, May 25, 2020.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    How so? From what I’ve seen from video of the PC version, the levels and graphics are pretty much the same. The interface is different (as you would expect), but the leveling mechanics and weapon selection and upgrading look very similar. And according to the developer description, this the essentially the PC version of the game. So what’s missing?

2. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Second the MFI controller question if anyone can answer! :)

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yeah... it takes some getting used to. I turned off both Auto Aiming and Aim Assist, which helps, but... I'm not sure I care for it overall.

I just tested it with my Steelseries Nimbus controller, and it works, but nothing is mapped to the buttons. The only things that work are the sticks. Left stick for movement and right stick for shooting. To reload, or use grenades, or run, you still need to click a button on the screen. Same with moving through dialog.

Also, when you're in the base you can't move using the stick. You have to tap where you want to go.

I played through the second level using the controller and I like it much better than I did playing through the first level. But I did get stuck in a table for a bit. That was annoying.

Still not sure if I care for this or not, which is a shame. I loved it on the PS2, or PS3, or whatever it was that it was on back in the day.

4. zaym

zaym New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    The pc version has different characters I can choose. I don’t remember exactly how many because it’s been a long time.
    Also there are 8 perks and you can choose one before the character selection but missing.
    There’s no inventory.
    There’s no ammo (this is good part because I don’t need to keep buying ammo)
    There’s no rooting for equipments, you only can get money.

The original PC version was like Diablo series.

But this new one?
    I feel more likely this is just another free to play game...

In between chapters, this game send the player to the base not like the original one which just send to the next chapter.

Also, I don’t know it is a mistake by the company but there is a button, “restore purchase” in the menu.
    It looks like they just changed the free to play version of alien shooter 2 to just premium one.

5. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #25 Lull4by, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
    I guessed what game you played before is not Alien Shooter 2 but Zombie Shooter 2, which have inventory system, ammo costing, equipment looting and RPG system that you can customize your character.

Both of them are developed from the same company (Sigma Team Inc.), that is why they looked so similar.

Unfortunately, there is only pc version of the ZS2 for now, maybe you can send an email to the developer that you want to play the game on mobile.

Update:
    Another similar game is called Alien Shooter 2: Conscription, I think it is what you looking for if the ZS2 is not what you mean.

I don’t purchase the mobile version of AS2 for now so I might be wrong though.

6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #26 Lull4by, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Okay so I just grab the game, after played a few minutes, I would like shout:

"Don't purchase it if you want to played the original version of AS2!"

The game is more like "Alien Shooter 2: Legend - Premium version",
    so if you like AS:Legend but hated the F2P part, this one is for you.

7. zaym

zaym New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    I played reloaded version on pc. it has perk selection and character selection when you start the campaign. Each character starts with different weapons.

If you check it on YouTube, there’s a walkthrough video.

I was expecting that old school alien shooter 2 reloaded but... this is just another version of that freemium, legend.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So sounds like what I thought it was from earlier in the thread. Glad I passed.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I guess I’m lucky I didn’t play the original PC game.

IMO, this is a great mobile twin stick shooter. Tons of depth, an intriguing world, great weapons, awesome destructible environments with tons of secrets. If you like premium old school action games, and have not have not played the original PC title (or if you have and can set that aside), I would recommend it without reservation.

10. Partly supported MFI controller