Universal Alien: Blackout (by D3PA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jan 23, 2019.

1. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    thanks for video,now i know this game is not for me...

redribbon likes this.
  2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Early into the game. It’s so atmospheric. The sounds and music kept me on the edge more than anything. Kept looking over my shoulder after the first encounter.

The game wins for me just for its brilliant sound design.

Tip: Energy Saver mode is on by default in Game Settings. Turn it off for a smoother 60 fps gameplay.

3. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
  4. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I remember Pocket Tactics giving Sid Meier’s Starships a stellar preview and a short while after launch when Starships sent many PC gamers into a rage that this mobile game is available on their desktop they wrote up a scathing review that seemed very different in tone from their preview.

Not saying Starships was deserving or not deserving of its low score. All I’m saying is Pocket Tactics knows which way the wind is blowing and adjusts accordingly...at least it seems that way and it’s not surprising that Alien:Blackout gets a 2/5.

Or maybe it’s the reviewers honest opinion on Blackout and the game didn’t strike a chord with her. Many of my favorite games have divided love/hate opinions and there are games that seem universally loved that I feel lukewarm about once I play them.

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    its pretty simple, if you like FNAF and you like Alien the franchise than this game will be right up your alley. if you dont like FNAF nothing will change as its the same kind of game watching monitors but rather than protecting your self you are trying to protect you and the crew from the Alien stalking them. So FNAF style game with Aliens, I am all over this....

6. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    I'll give it another chance tonight, but I found it pretty frustrating. I had two of my people get killed by the alien while they were in the middle of a motion sensing room, but I never even saw the Alien. What's the point of the motion sensors if they can't warn me when the alien is around? Similarly, at one point I was trying to follow the Alien with the cameras but after it walked out of view of the first camera, it never showed up on the second camera, even though it was the very next room. In general, I wish the controls were tighter as well. It just generally felt too hard to warn people of danger before they went splat.

7. Witlogic

Witlogic Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Super boring

8. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I decided to watch some videos before judging it as a FNAF clone completely. And wow...Shame, pretty much all you do is look at a boring map and some cameras. Not my kind of horror game.

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    After completing the levels, is there some kind of endless mode? I don't see any replay value in the game if there's nothing provided beyond the levels.

10. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    No

icoker likes this.
  11. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I'm gonna keep this on my watchlist and get it if they add an endless mode.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I just completed the game albeit with just Yutani alive. Took me around 4 hours according to my battery usage.
    Frankly, I think it was glorious.
    My heart was racing all the time and I was on the edge every second. It perfectly captured the essence of the best sci-fi movie ever like I rarely saw in games tie in (maybe since Westwood Blade Runner).
    I can’t wait to try to save everyone (was doing well till mission 4, then things went downhill....).
    Maybe I’m the only one but I really loved the game.

Only thing I would add (besides new chapters which I would buy in a heartbeat) is the ability to skip the initial dialogue/cutscene...after the millionth time it gets annoying because you want to jump immediately in the action.
    Imho a no brainer if you are fan of Alien.

redribbon and JasonLL like this.
  13. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Why skipping? You can start navigate your characters while they Are talking without the countdown and alien. They won’t go too far, but it can buy time

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hmmm not in my game.
    You can do as you say in mid game dialogues, but not during the initial one....I can select them but not issue orders till the ‘targets’ appear (nor activate the notion trackers, I can just see the cameras).

?

15. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Dunno. I could navigate them with the map, drawing lines. Maybe this was fixed

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Actually I just checked all levels and apparently we are both right.
    SOME levels let you issue the path just at the start, some others you can’t till a target appears or the initial dialogue ends.

Anyway...despite having already completed the game I still can’t put it down.
    Almost 6 hours in now, trying to save everyone.

17. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    As I told before, it took 2 hours to complete the game with all characters. Don’t know what’s taking you so long XD

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Eh I probably suck :p
    I’m re doing levels a lot to check all targets and hear all dialogues, even if I know they aren’t necessary (I know you can just send the crew members towards right spots at the start and have the level completed way easier...but I don’t like playing it so).
    Trying to play without any previous knowledge every level.
    It is so fun anyway...I still feel like I’m in the movies.

19. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    It’s on sale for a buck right now for anyone who’s interested

ColeDaddy likes this.
  20. SwagWin2011

SwagWin2011 Member

Apr 9, 2019
    This looks pretty cool