Universal Ala Mobile GP (by CViGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CviGames, Jul 18, 2018.

1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks, this is a Nice idea and it will be probably featured on v 1.03 :) Meanwhile... I have big news!
    [​IMG]

Ala Mobile v 1.0.2 has been submitted for review! Here is a changelog for this version:
    -General graphics improvement: general improvements of tracks, backgrounds and items around the screen;
    -Main graphics improvement: shadows! Smooth, realistic, dynamic shadows everywhere enhance the overall look of the game, and all of this without losing a single frame per second!
    -Big AI improvement: now AI acts more realistically. This will make for far more engaging and thrilling races, expecially in Pro mode. They will be faster and smarter.
    -Big controls improvement: you will now have a better control of the car, and steering is more precise than before!
    -Car performance improvement: each car will now have more distinct behaviour. You will find that some cars are way slower than some other one...
    -Drag reduction system improved: a new "click" sound will inform you when the drag reduction system is on... and you will also find that speed gain will be more significant than before!
    -Car behaviour off track changed: when off track, car will reduce its speed, this will make cutting through corners useless, adding further realism to the whole game.

As you can see, all these changes take with them a new, better icon :)

sebgo and Cooper04 like this.
  2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    I’m so so so excited!!! Especially since I have started watching the f1 races on tv, it really got me in the mood for racing. Also that icon is really good looking!

CviGames likes this.
  3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just bought the full version. When you do a championship can you skip the practice/qualification etc (so you start last ?)

Looking forward to the update, thanks again

4. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Great :) I hope v 1.0.2 will satisfy you!

Hello Psj, thank you for your download. If you like the game, please take a minute to rate it 5 stars on the store :) I hope you like it, and I'm sure you will love v 1.0.2 :)
    Concerning your question, you can skip qualifying and start last: once the quali session starts, press pause and chose "Abort quali" (or something similar) and you'll be taken to the pre-race screen :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hi, yep just left a review. Your passion for your game is great, i had just played the free one before but i had to get the full version. Totally sick and tired of the freemium Codemasters game, would much rather support someone like you who has a real passion for the game.

Look forward to the update, thanks again

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  6. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Your words are really kind! I appreciate them a lot! I’ll keep following players’ suggestions and improve Ala Mobile update after update :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  7. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    The update is out! I made a new channel so I’m gonna make a video on it.

8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    So, I’ve noticed steering is different and I’m horrible at the new steering. I’m probably the only one to blame for that though. I haven’t played it enough yet though and practice is key, so I’ll just have to play it more I guess.

9. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Steering may now appear a bit more sensible around the dead zone for those who got used to old steering model, but it should be more predictable and linear as well. There’s still a bit of work going on for v 1.0.3, but it should already be a step forward... let me know if you can get used to it :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Okay, I can’t help it. This new steering is making me annoyed. I try to turn but it won’t turn enough then I turn it harder and it goes too far and when I try to correct it the car spins out.

11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Sorry for posting so much but I retract my previous statement. I tried it on my little brothers phone and it’s fine. My phones battery is low so the frame rate was choppy, his wasn’t though and I could handle the car way better! I’ll let it charge and give a better idea of it.

12. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Played it some more on my own phone after it being charged and it runs great and the controls are perfectly fine! Guess it was a matter of my phone being at only 4%. It gets laggy when it’s low on battery but no worries about that.

13. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Yes i had that issue too on my iPhone 6s... what do you think about steering, compared to the older model?

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    #74 Cooper04, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    I think it feels easier to handle compared to the last controls. One quality of life feature I hope for is that when you exit the pit lane you don’t have to re click the gas pedal.

15. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Nice to hear you enjoy new controls :) if you notice any bug or something like that, let me know :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  16. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Will do :)

17. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Hi, quick question. What track is Emirates supposed to be? I searched everywhere and it says Yas Marina but it doesn’t look the same. And it confuses me because I know my tracks and I’ve never heard of it before.

18. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    It's a real track, but it is not featured in the Official Formula 1 World Championship, that's why it may confuse you a bit :)
    Remember that Ala Mobile GP is an unofficial product which has nothing to do with Formula 1 :)
    Anyway, you can find it by googling "Dubai Autodrome", if you want to have more infos about this track!

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^I was going to say you cant use the real tracks or real names for drivers etc otherwise i think F1 would be contacting you straight away !

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Yup, trademark infringment is nothing I want.
    Ala Mobile is just my take on open-wheels formula cars. I have no reason to fool users into thinking it may be something official, that's why I always state it's not an official product :)

Cooper04 likes this.