Universal Ala Mobile GP (by CViGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CviGames, Jul 18, 2018.

1. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Itll make it easier to port to the apple tv as well I believe, and Nvidia shield if you decide to branch out to Android since thats the other device with a big paid gaming population I believe

2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Good to know :) glad that you’re already working on new stuff.

3. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks for these infos, Stelph :) I will try to expand the user base then, following your advices :)
    Yes, I am adding a bit of tires skids on the track, in order to give it a more realistic look, and also, I am trying to make those green walls a bit more "differentiated", with sponsors and so on.
    Obviously, I am working at it with an eye on performance: changes won't add any overhead on gpu or cpu...

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Cool! One sponsor should say Tirelli ;)

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sounds good!

6. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    It should be online in a couple days :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  7. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Ooh! Can’t wait :)

8. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello again guys!
    It took a bit more than expected, but finally Ala Mobile v 1.0.1 has been submitted to Appstore for review, with the following changes:
    -Automatic braking: auto braking can be enabled/disabled before and during the race at will. When enabled, car will automatically brake before a turn, in order for rookies to enjoy races since the very first race. Auto braking will also enable steering correction, which prevents oversteer;
    -Race line: it is now possible to enable race line before a race. This will be a white line, which becomes red when it is time to brake or lift off throttle;
    -Improved tilt control: tilt control is now less sensible (you have to rotate device a bit more to achieve the same steering angle of v 1.0.1), and overall it is less "aggressive";
    -Improved touch control: steering with buttons is now a bit faster than before, this should improve overall feeling with this control scheme;
    -Improved graphics: each track now have a different sky, with more clouds and a better overall look, for improved realism. Environment lighting is also improved;
    -Improved UI: in the pre race screen, you will find better UI Elements, that make chosen settings stand out better than before;
    -Mini map of the track during race: it was one of the most requested features. A minimap of the track will now help player figuring out what's next on his way;
    -Bug fixes;
    -Performance improvements;

MFI Controller support and the revised road graphics still need a bit of work. Hope to get them in the next update, which is already in progress ;)

GPS and Cooper04 like this.
  9. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Great news! I’m glad it’s getting a new update and so will my friend be to hear about all these tweaks and improvements.
    He was saying to add upgrades but I explained to him that it probably won’t happen cause of how real f1 works and everything.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    You have been busy!!!
    Sounds great,I can't wait to try it out.
    Thanks for all your hard work

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    The update came out! I’m doing my school work right now but definitely gonna try it later.

CviGames likes this.
  12. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Ok just tried it. Raced at Bahrain and Canada and must say, It’s really cool. I think the auto brake is kinda buggy or maybe I’m using it wrong. I turned it off though cause I do enjoy a challenge and I’m just used to using the brakes at this point.

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Will download this afternoon. Looking forward to trying out

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    I also find quite hateful autoBraking, it's something I placed a bet on. I hope it is a good tool for the players who approach a formula game for the first time, as it avoids players from going straight at each corner, but once you get used to braking, it is like a "chocking" feature.
    When enabled, it also adds a control on steering, in order to avoid oversteer.
    I tried to make it as clearer as possible how to disable it, and I hope players will find intuitive the "auto" button.
    What about the new skies? Could you notice the graphical difference?:)

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Yes. They do look nicer now

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry haven't really had time to play.. Hopefully tonight..

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Only really tried one quick race, Im finding the steering much harder to get used to now...
    I need to spend more time though. Liking the update so far.

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Oh! That is something I didn’t expect :O
    Do you still find harder to steer?

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    #59 Cooper04, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    For me steering is nice. Maybe adding a sensitivity setting for it would help some

20. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Sorry for posting here since it’s been a while, but I had a good idea! You could add a list of driver positions and lap times etc. when you press pause while in a race because there’s an empty space on the screen when you press pause.

Also, I have been playing this game so much recently and can say for sure that it’s very addicting and very fun!

CviGames likes this.