Universal Ala Mobile GP (by CViGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CviGames, Jul 18, 2018.

1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Yep! :) im studying a way to make rear view mirrors work properly without losing performances. I am currently evaluating several alternatives for it. I focused on optimizing graphics because the AI is quite resource intensive, and to make it work and mantain a high framerate I had to come up with several workarounds, which luckily players can hardly notice!
    But I guess with a bit of study I’ll overcome this new challenge ;)

Cooper04 likes this.
  2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Cool! I wish you luck on figuring it out :)

CviGames likes this.
  3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Nothing like another challenge! :)

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  4. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017

I’ve found several bugs at China. The ‘floating’ bug is at all the tracks. Hope you can fix them!

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    There actually is a bug, but it’s not what you think :)
    The actual bug is with the tyre radar: it doesn’t show up correctly tyre wear.
    Your tyres are actually worn to the limit, as I can see you are using the red ones (plus soft) or the magenta ones, which last between 1-3 laps when race length is 5 laps :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    That makes sense! I never thought about that! Then I might always drive with the hard tyres ;)

Cooper04 likes this.
  7. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Or better, you can pit when tires start to lose grip :)
    Anyway, it looks like a bug that can happen from time to time, but in 90% of the cases is not happening to me. I will get a deeper look to see when it pops out :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I usually do 3 lap races but today I tried a few 20 Lap races and having to pit for new tires is fun cause it adds more depth to it

9. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Yes, increasing the laps counts makes strategy more important... and you have to keep concentration high if you don’t want to get damage or penalties :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Yay! Your game is on the top charts for racing :)

11. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    :D:D:D:D:D I noticed that the game is getting a good amount of visibility, lot of youtube gameplays from youtubers and a decent amount of downloads. On which Country you noticed it reached the top in racing chart?

Cooper04 likes this.
  12. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    America :) but I better get back to sleep
    I just woke up and I noticed it’s only 6:35 AM and today’s my birthday. So I should get some more sleep.

13. josumart

josumart Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Hi!!
    It’s a great game, really! You did a good job, it’s obvious that you pity a lot of effort onto it. I know that it has been requested before, but is controller/mfi suport coming?
    Also, are you planning on an Apple TV release?
    Thanks in advance!

14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Happy bday to you then :) Really impressing, US market is one of the most difficult (if not the most difficult in absolute) to score in. Amazing news :)

Hello Josumart! Thanks for your kind words. MFI currently is not supported, but hey, I’m receiving a lot of requests about it, so I guess it’s time to go on amazon and get one, in order to start its implementation! :)
    Concerning Apple TV, at the moment is something I didn’t even consider, i will study a bit the situation, n iorder to figure out time and resources I’ll have to invest to get the thing working.
    And most of all- please guys-if you didn’t yet, take a minute to rate and review the game on AppStore. That is simply the fastest way to get the game higher on charts, and allows me to invest more resources and time in the next updates. Plus, if you will, you all can make a wish list of features you would like to see in the next update! :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I tried to rate the game but I’m thinking this has to do with me using a promo code so the App Store says “you must own this product to review it”. I hope I’m able to rate it sometime if the App Store lets me. Also my friend told me yesterday that he’s still playing and that he really likes it

CviGames likes this.
  16. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Gonna give the Lite version a go... Impressions from other players are very positive!

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks, sebgo!! :)
    Looking forward to your impressions ;)

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Add my voice as well to mfi support! I think it’ll bring a new wave of interest since there’s a group of iOS gamers who like to only game using mfi controllers - apples support of mfi makes it easier to implement controller support as well as far as I am aware

19. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I Myself own a MFI controller so I’ll be able to test it for you if it does release

20. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    I see your point, guys! Just purchased one of these MFI controllers, will try to code it into the game as soon as possible, together with a bunch of graphics improvements I am already working on :)

Cooper04 likes this.