Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I think I can see reflections of the lights on the cars as they drive down the straights, however I agree, looks like the core game is running well but some environmental effects would help - sparks from the undertrays, smoke from wheels when you touch cars that kind of thing

Its looking brilliant!

GPS likes this.
  2. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    THanks for your comments, guys! You are helping me a lot in developing the game :) I have a good news. Beta will be uploaded today. Then it will just a matter of hours (if appreview team approves it)

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Awesome! I can’t believe how far your game has come. I made my touch arcade account because when I was browsing the touch arcade forum I saw your game on here and wanted to sign up

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    That’s great! Looking forward to hitting the track..... and most likely a few other things :) .

Cooper04 likes this.
  5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    I am glad that Ala Mobile got you register to Touch Arcade, it is amazing how much wrote to me here to join the beta, and how many comments are enriching this thread -which is one of the most visited of the last weeks-.
    The real feedback I am having from real players is they are interested in this product, which is trying to bring something so huge like formula racing on mobile, with real tracks and real performances. Something that only Codemaster have tried until now.
    Ala Mobile probably cannot compete under certain point of view with “rich” and “giant” competitors: no official license, no over cured UI styles and marketing...but it aims to be fun. And I hope it is. You will find out when beta is finally live.
    :) I can’t wait to see it live! I hope you all will write here comments, critics and ideas after testing it!

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I think your game looks better than there’s
    Because on there’s the controls are really wacky it just randomly glitches and a few other issues that are annoying but yours looks really fun and I’m really excited to test it and tell you what I think of it

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Happy to write comments and thoughts here. I’ve been checking my email for TestFlight notification, Ut haven’t seen anything yet.

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Pretty sure he said Apple has to approve
    The beta first

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah, I just wish they would approve it faster:)

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    yep :) it’s still waiting for review. Generally it won’t take much time for it to be reviewed, when it is a beta. I guess it should be live within 24/48 hours! And I hope it’s worth your expectation, guys <3

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    From what we’ve seen so far, I’m sure it will be

CviGames likes this.
  12. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    This first beta uploaded still misses something.. (well, being a beta I guess it is normal.. but I tried to present it in an acceptable fashion). Here’s a brief list of things missing:
    1)no music on main menu
    2)in the car setup screen (the one before race and quali sessions) there is a little map of each track, that shows the position of sectors and “ala Mobile” detection and activation points. Some of them are too low in resolution, some others are missing...
    3) some labels in menus are placeholders. You may read for example a wrong “track length” for some track
    4) in the track selection menu, there are not yet country flags for each track
    5)when you enter pitlane for a drive through, car should have autopilot. If auto pilot won’t turn on, you may have to drive yourself along the pit lane.
    6) enabling race line doesn’t work
    7) enabling failures doesn’t work: in the release version, if you enable failures, your engine or turbo can randomly blow off, or you may get transmission failures (you may, for example, be forced to use with only 4 of 8 gears)
    8) if you complete a championship, you will be prompted to the classifications screen, showing constructors and drivers standings. Here the game will crash (or simply you won’t be able to exit that screen) because I didn’t yet add a “final screen”.
    By the way, if you have any good idea for this final screen It would be great. I don’t know what can I do for that. A “Congratulations, you won the world championship” or “you finished 15th” seem a little too cheap. :p

Cooper04 likes this.
  13. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    All of this still sounds tolerable. Also for the finishing could show a winner podium
    Depending on what place you got (1 to 3rd) or if you don’t get those 3 positions it could maybe show just what number you got and say something nice like uhh good job

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah, I think for podium positions in the Championship you could display a trophy with either “World Champion” or “2nd” or “3rd” place. Gold trophy for first, Silver for second, bronze for third.
    For the remainder of positions I think something like “Championship Position XXth” maybe with some ticker tape or fireworks in the background. I guess a bit cliche, but it adds a bit of fanfare..

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Nice idea

16. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    That’s a good idea guys, I guess I’ll go for it :)
    By the way, this wait is killing me, but I guess it will be live in a matter of hours :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Can’t wait to play it, It’s cool to see your game as it progresses. I remember when I started watching this app and it looks like it’s improving a lot. I’ll make sure to give you feed back on it

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hope so! I would love to give this a run over the weekend:)

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    I agree. I would love to try it as well

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Generally the beta review process shouldn’t take too much. Let’s hold on a few more :eek:

Cooper04 likes this.