Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Exciting idea :)
    Pit stops are already in, for both player and rivals. And they also plans different strategies :) weather is something I want on the launch day, but I didn’t yet work on it at the moment, safety car is not used. It would require months of coding :(
    And yes, it was that, kerbs were just too off and it somewhat reduced the pleasure of driving...
    This is a wonderful idea, and I also thought about it at a certain point back in the development :) it won’t be a day one feature, but I am confident it will come in the future ;)
    Unfortunately I spent the whole weekend correcting bugs and improving the game. Here’s the come up:
    -no grass or sand between track and kerbs anymore!
    -heat waves on the back of the car will appear when going slow or being still. Now one can feel the “heat” of the about-
    1000-hp engine in there ;)
    -Cars have been customized with different behaviour and performances.
    -Introduced head protection system, the one called “Halo” In f1. It will be possible to enable/disable it at will :)
    Here are two pics showing the head protection system and the revised tracks with kerb correctly placed ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cooper04 likes this.
  2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Looks awesome! You are making one fantastic game glad to be a part of it

CviGames and GPS like this.
  3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Oh wow, those shots look amazing, I am starting to drool ..
    Looks really good,,

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Is it going to have customizable pieces like different looking nose cones and stuff? But just a little different

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Glad you like it guys :)
    Well currently cars can be customized only in their setups, but there is not cosmetically customization possibility.
    Plus. You can edit team names, engine names and drivers names :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Still sounds aweosme

7. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    :)
    Quick update on the state of development:
    -added visual and audio damage effects: cars will lose carbon parts when colliding
    -the last gp, “Emirates Gp”, will be at night. I am currently re editing the track for the night location. Will post pictures when it’s ready :)
    If I don’t encounter troubles, the beta will finally be released this weeekend. It will then depend on Apple and their review process :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Can’t wait and the damage effects sound awesome!

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I hope it’s available this weekend, with all the effort you have put in to this, I’m sure it’s going to be amazing.. I cannot wait to race!!

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks a lot guys! Here’s a little teaser.. mainly focused on some of the functions not yet seen in video, together with head protection system, heat waves and some other stuff ;)

GPS and Cooper04 like this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Looks very awesome your making a great

CviGames likes this.
  12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Very nice! Thanks for keeping us updated

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  13. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you! The effect of carbon parts flying needed a few more tweaking there after, but it’s okay now.
    The night track is almost finished and I will Do my best to upload beta within this week! :rolleyes:

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Yes the flying carbon is a nice feature but looks a little odd at the moment with it spraying up like that! Useful to see some carbon flying around however so you can see when you've actually done some damage. I see the wheels pop off, will you also be modelling any other parts to break off like the wings?

The video makes the AI look good as well, like the way they relatively aggressively push past you in the Spain track clip

CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Looks really good! I’m excited hope you don’t have any trouble getting it on TestFlight. I told my friends about your game and they thought it was cool.

CviGames likes this.
  16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Cannot wait to see the night track!
    Is the French GP included in the game? It is such a good looking circuit, and nice to have the French race back in the Calender..
    Hoping to see a TestFlight email soon, keep up the great work!

CviGames likes this.
  17. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Game looks dope. Would love to beta testflight

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you :) I really appreciate when you guys point out the things you like/dislike, helps me moving faster in development :)
    Currently, damage won’t make wings split off. But it’s a must have feature coming soon :D

You are very kind Cooper :) thank you for your valuable support!

I modeled French Gp, but removed it from final build of v1. It is the first time they run at Paul Ricard, and after modeling the track I realized I didn’t have any timing reference about how f1 cars behave in there. So i didn’t want to put it before I could gather some data about quali times, race times and so on :)
    Thanks for your support, Stag! You can give me your mail address here or in a pm :)
    Here’s a little video about the final Gp. I tried to make a good work with the night environment, squeezing in a convincing amount of lights poles, which are necessary for night Formula races!

What do you guys think about? :)

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Looks really nice!
    My initial comment would be perhaps the shadows under lights and the reflections on the cars could be a little stronger ( I am no coder so I don’t know how difficult that would be). Otherwise it’s looking really good.

How hard would it be to put in some sparks from the under trays.. that would be a nice touch...

Good point about Paul Ricard, I hadn’t thought about there being no reference lap times.

Looking forward to testing!

20. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017