Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Awesome I am so excited! Also I really appreciate you making this great game and spending so much time on it

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Looking really nice! Cannot wait to test it..

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you guys!!! I appreciate your support :) well, guess what, I have a bad news and a good one
    Bad news is I couldn’t load the beta in the weekend, because I spent time on several aspects of the game.
    Good news is now Ala Mobile supports iPhone X without any trouble, and graphics keeps receiving details for a better look
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Aww it’s okay we can wait longer but thanks for adding iPhone X support

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    It took a bit to figure out how to take care of it, but luckily Apple released very clean guidelines, so it was easier than I thought. I am sure it will run amazingly on iPhone X.

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Good thing Apple explains well. Also I know I already said this but thanks so much for spending your time to make this game

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This is looking so good!, incredible for a 1 person team... really well done.
    Hey do I need to give you my email or do you still have it?

8. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks guys :) your email is already in the beta lists on my Apple account, it won’t be a problem to get it from there :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  9. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I tried your M.U.D. rally and it’s awesome also any news on next possible beta release date?

10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Glad you like it :)
    Concerning Ala Mobile, there’s a little to do list to accomplish before beta:
    1) Add those blessed Yacht in Monaco
    2) Add a “prize” scene for when the player finishes the championship.
    3)add Game Center leaderboards
    4) add 2d representations of all tracks
    As you can see it is not much work, that’s why I thought I could finish the past weekend :) I hope to release it within 7 days...

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Ok cool I can’t wait! I’m really excited
    I hope you make a lot of money since you’ve worked so hard on this

12. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    you are very kind to say such thing. The more the money, the more the people I can hire to improve my models for Ala Mobile 2 ☺️

Cooper04 likes this.
  13. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Oh my gosh a second one? Ok you are officially one of the coolest developers

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Getting very excited to try this out, you have clearly put much time and effort into this.. it already looks amazing, and hopefully we can help out soon too!
    Thanks

15. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    no no, it was just a saying. I barely have the time to develop the 1st one :)
    I can’t wait to read your comment on it! And I also didn’t want to let you test a too “early” beta, as first impression is always the one that matters. As a little insight on what’s going on right now:
    -I’m almost done in integrating 2d maps for each track. These shows sectors and the detection/activation points for the rear wing drag reduction.
    -I am preparing the leaderboards for time attack mode. In my mind, the “time attack” mode is a “versus the world” mode, where players can compete to be the fastest on each track.
    -I was playing a bit with heat waves coming from exhaust. It’s a great effect indeed, but it currently reduces FPS a bit too much for my taste, so maybe it won’t be on version 1
    -I am planning to redesign a bit the kerbs of each track, and it probably will take an entire day it’s I dislike the way I modeled them... they seem a bit too much far from the road. an error I should’ve noticed before modeling all 15 tracks
    -those yachts in Monaco are not yet done.
    What is the feature you guys think it should be definely in the game? I mean, you can think of whatever... game modes, graphics, sound effects...

Cooper04 likes this.
  16. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Well I still would very much like to see mfi controller support! :)

Game wise the career mode would still be good to see I think, I agree with your point earlier in the thread that it can be hard to balance since if you are considerably better than the AI then "finish above 10th in a bad car" becomes not much of a challenge! - you could add lower "formula" tiers like gokarts, Formula 3 type cars where you have to win in order to get offers from other teams and work your way up to the top - I realise thats a lot of work so perhaps a career in app purchase would be a good idea to justify the additions

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Well I have a cool idea but it is probably too hard to implement. You could have in the settings different f1 sounds because used to they were more high piched and now they are way different so say someone preferred the new ones or someone preferred the old ones they could change the engine sound

GPS likes this.
  18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I would love to see pit stops,.... and changeable weather.. I know this would be tricky to implement, but I think it would be great and add another dimension to the races.

Will there be safety cars?

I did think the grass between the track and the kerbs looked a bit odd, is that what you are changing?

Really excited to play this!!!

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Include some of the older F1 cars, in an historic championship mode

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male