Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello guys :)
    Don’t worry if you didn’t receive a beta invitation, I am still refinishing some side aspect of the game. First impact is really important-even if it is a beta- and I want Ala mobile to make the best impression from the very first tests :)

FrozenPepper likes this.
  2. Zalayeta

Zalayeta New Member

May 22, 2018
    ^^ np we can wait

3. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    It may sounds weird, but im spending a big chunk of time in calibrating qualifying lap times
    I mean: I have to master every track, try again and again to set a fast lap, and try to guess out how difficult is to repeat it...

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, really wonderful!

i would like to test it if possible... thanks!

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Sure thing :) just give me your Apple email address, download TestFlight, and you will be notified once the beta is live :)

APPSER likes this.
  6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    [email protected]

thanks again!

7. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks to you, and all the people who are patiently waiting to test the beta <3

8. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Where can I sign up? I wanna do this but is it safe I’ve never been to chill with giving out my email but this looks worth it

9. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I meant Too not to

10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello Cooper, don’t worry: your email address will only be used for TestFlight. Test Flight is an official Apple App that you can download from AppStore, it allows you to access games that are not yet live on the store (that is, betas).
    Your email (NO password, just email address) is needed because I include it into the beta list developers, meanwhile you download TestFlight... and when app is live you will receive a notification to download it.
    I promise I won’t spam or either :) a lot of other people here on toucharcade took part in my beta tests, and I am sure they can confirm it ☺️

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Alright awesome can I pm it to you so no one else can see it?

12. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Ok I’ll risk it plus I trust you after all you are making a cool game so... here’s my email [email protected]

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    If there is still room for testers, I would love to help.. I love Mud Rally, helped test it back in development. I would love to try this, it looks fantastic!

14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you :) download test flight from AppStore and once the beta will be live, you will be notified ;)
    Hello GPS! You have been a precious allied in developing M.U.D. Rally, and your feedbacks helped me in developing Ala Mobile too!
    You will hopefully find Ala Mobile a more mature game compared to the anyway successful M.U.D. rally :)

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    It looks fantastic, hopefully I can help out again, Cheers

16. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Can’t wait to play loved f1 ever since I was like 7
    And now I’m 14

17. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Glad to see there’s some hype about Ala Mobile :) I will upload soon some new screenshot (graphics have gone way further since the screenshots shown here) and beta should also be live anytime soon, as I am almost done with polishing!
    A little update about what I have been doing these last days:
    -full customization of cars, teams and engine names: you can change them whenever you want
    -improved 3d models of cars, now they are more detailed
    -improved tracks models with surroundings and other details
    The image below shows the “pre qualifying” setting screen. Here you can chose settings for the race.
    As told before, Ala Mobile offers an original approach to qualifying session: you can chose one out of theee compounds.
    The softer one will ensure you the best performance, but you will have just one try to set the fastest lap.
    PlusSoft gives you two tries but performances won’t match the magenta compound; Soft tyres will give you the chance to run three laps but with even less grip. It’s like betting on your capabilities. You can go for the best compound, but an error will compromise your qualifying session since you have just one chance... or you can settle for a 4th-5th place and go for the yellow compound. With damage and failures enabled, and AI LEVEL set to pro, passing rivals will be an exciting challenge.

Attached Files:

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Sounds awesome I just got my iPhone X so I am totally ready

19. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I randomly wondered, will you ever add circuit of the America’s cause I live only like a 100 miles from it and think that would be really cool

20. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Nice, that’s a fun innovative idea for qualifying

When racing will tyre degradation be scaled for the number of laps? And can just adjust the engine settings? As it’s a mobile game I’d probably prefer to do less laps (around 5) but I wouldn’t want to miss out on doing a pitstop and trying to jump some places using the undercut which would mean coming in to pit and hitting the max engine setting for the outlap to try and gain an edge