Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    It has been a hard choice between freemium and paid/lite versions. Each one has its pro and cons. I went for the former for a particoular reason:
    in some country (like Italy) customers tend to leave bad ratings to freemium games (it seems here people have a hard time paying for something they already downloaded for free). I wanted to keep separated the free version (that will tend to receive bad ratings due to the locked content in those countries) and paid version (that will supposedly keep a higher rating). This should allow for a "double chance" (2 different apps showing in Top paid and Top Free) for the game to be noticed. This is what I took into account when deciding the business model
    Concerning Analog controls, I have reduced of 50% the sensitivity, it's a change that was already available on beta 4, if you didn't notice any difference, then I have to code a different behaviour for it, taking in account a non-linear function (like you suggested).
    I'm afraid that it won't be available on day 1, but it is something I am going to develop together with all the other features we are discussing about :)

2. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks for reporting GPS :)
    Well, I double checked the code, and it seems that the "twitchy" behaviour of the steer when camera tilt is disabled, is just due to the different feeling.
    Accelerometer values are handled in two separate scripts, one for steering wheels, one for camera tilt, and they do not communicate with each other in any way. An option can be to have a different steering behaviour when tilt is off, in order to have a more uniform feeling. This is something that won't be available on day one, but it will be developed together with the other feats already discussed.
    Halo needs to be remodeled but it's something that will take place with the next updates, and AI too will keep growing update after update.
    At this moment, I focused on the worst bugs, those who frustrated in a significant way the gameplay. After 6 months and a half of development (mostly done during the night :eek:) it's time to launch the game... even because it seems I will soon have invincible rivals in the field of mobile Formula games :rolleyes:).
    Anyway, the ones of you who already helped me with betas of M.U.D. Rally know that I won't stop listening to your valuable and precious feedbacks, in order to make Ala Mobile a product tailored on Players' needs!

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Yay I got the update and now time attack works again and there’s no weird bugs

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Great to hear..

Options to adjust the sensitivity of the steering using tilt would be great.
    I see there will be opposition game soon in this genre, but I think Ala will hold its own for sure. Personally for me it appeals due to the premium model. I know people will disagree, but I feel that free to play, means putting in ways to force players to spend money over and over to keep playing(I am generalising of course).

Having played M.U.D, I know you will keep the updates coming. Thanks.

Basco, CviGames and Cooper04 like this.
  5. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Yes I agree I hate free to play games

CviGames likes this.
  6. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    You are amazing guys :) It's good to see Ala Mobile has its supporters :D! I will upload the new version anytime soon, I am fine tuning a little bit the AI for the best experience possible. Here is a preview of the screenshots I am going to use in the appstore page... I hope you like them :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GPS and Cooper04 like this.
  7. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Looks good! I told my little brother about it and he thought it sounds cool so he’ll also play it when it comes out

CviGames likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Also I feel like your game is better than the other mobile options for F1 racing for several reasons. First is the fact that you care about your players. Second is that this game feels actually more realistic. And last but not least is the fact that it’s just fun! Like a game should be.

CviGames likes this.
  9. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    I am uploading a new version :)
    I improved AI, they won’t cut through corners anymore.
    What I want to know at this stage is if AI cars behave correctly in all tracks :) it’s going to be live in hours..

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Just got the new beta :) excited to try it and I’ll tell you if it works right.

11. GulagGuard

GulagGuard New Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Male
    My brother told me about this! It looks so cool I’m really excited!

Cooper04 likes this.
  12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Those screens look fantastic, I would purchase based just on the images

Cooper04 and CviGames like this.
  13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just tried the new build, it’s really good!
    I did find a bug though... I did a quick race, 3 laps in Australia on Pro mode.. crossed the line and then the lap counter ticked over to lap 4 of 3, and the race wouldn’t end, however my car had driven off into the distance as if the race was over. I couldn’t quit beside closing the app.

14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Oh, that’s a strange bug. I tried to test it now and I couldn’t reproduce it. Do you remember any info that could help me in sorting this out? E.g. if you pitted and on which lap, car used, damage and penalties settings...

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I played the new build last night and it works great! I didn’t find any weird issues.
    One idea I have which is more of just a detail than it is a new thing is that when you damage your front wing it can actually fly off the car

CviGames likes this.
  16. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Do I have permission to post a video about ala mobile? I just got a channel to do it

CviGames likes this.
  17. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
  18. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Of course you do :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Thanks! I put a link to this thread so people can talk about the game

CviGames likes this.
  20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Didn’t pit, I was in the Ferrari as Vettel (I’ve edited everything , I can’t remember the names prior) may have been a little front wing damage, not noticeable. Otherwise just a standard race.

CviGames likes this.