Universal Ala Mobile - Formula racing coming on 18th of July

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CviGames, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    In easy mode now ai cars won’t get slow like they did previously, plus damage have been adjusted so that you won’t suffer anymore suspension failure due to bumps on the road. There have been general improvements here and there... :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Cool! I’m glad that you got this update out so quick. I’ve been playing with my friends on my console and doing a race between every match on my console

CviGames likes this.
  3. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    This is a weird question probably but do you play your own games for fun? I always wondered if devs play their own game

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Great image, I really like it...
    I’m at work at the moment, saw there is an update, will download this afternoon when I get home. Can’t wait to try it!

Cooper04 likes this.
  5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Not a weird question at all :)
    I play my own games in different ways: generally during beta testing I play them looking for bugs and for things that should be improved (like graphics and so on). After publishing, I generally play and try to beat other players. What will probably surprise you, is that there are always other players who are way better than me at my own games. Another thing I love, is watching YouTube gameplays, sometimes the skills of gamers leave me very surprised and I am like “What?! I didn’t think it was possible to be so fast in that turn!!” :eek:

Thank Gps! Looking forward to your precious feedback as well ;) have a good time at work :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I wish I could make videos of this But I don’t have a channel though If I did I would do a lot of gameplays of this

CviGames likes this.
  7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    First race impressions with new update.. much better, I much prefer the camera tilt off, thank you :) I really like the camera shake...
    The AI are much better in terms of not bunching up now...
    For some reason I feel like the tilt sensitivity has increased, I’m finding it harder to keep the car straight, would it be possible to implement either a tilt sensitivity slider to make it more or less sensitive? Or a bit more of a dead zone on centre so it’s a bit easier to keep straight..
    Did you turn up the turbo as well? traction seems less on initial acceleration, not a problem, just wondering
    Thanks

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    not sure if you’ll be able to see in screenshot I have uploaded, But just on the outside of the white line nearest the kerb, I have circled some kind of weird graphic error.. The track is Barcelona, and it does it on quite a few of the corners on this track.. I haven’t noticed it on any other circuits. A697898C-2AC8-4ADC-A2EE-B97D355957DD.jpeg

9. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    The tilt sensistivity bar is a good idea :) will try to insert it in game. Concerning the changed tilt perception, I had this feeling too when testing with camera tilt disabled. I guess it has to be with the more “tight” feeling camera gives without tilt :) turbo volume and initial acceleration have not been modified. But theses values change from car to car, did you happen to change car maybe?

Thanks for pointing this out, will give those mesh vertices a complete checkup :)
    Another known bug happens in interlagos: car sink through the sides of the street... it’s a quick fix I’ll set up for next version. By the way, I hope to upload it before tomorrow :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Really cool game! Also thanks for the invite, I’m really enjoying it! The brakes seem fine to me, I just had to practice a lot and braking now goes much better then in the beginning. I also encountered some bugs:

- after the Chinese Grand Prix qualification, I didn’t got any news on the timing of the other drivers https://m.imgur.com/yE59Qz0
    - during the Chinese Grand Prix drivers get stuck at the second last corner causing a collision where I got a five placement penalty https://m.imgur.com/x0gsBrk

I hope this feedback helps with the development and I’ll post more bugs and weird things if I find one!

Edit: I still can’t press the options button in the right top corner. It keeps sending me to the App Store.

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Regarding the
    Regarding the options button Basco, try pressing just to the right of it, almost off screen. It seems to get it.

Cooper04, CviGames and Basco like this.
  12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Excellent, thanks for your hard work!
    I found traction an issue in both the Merc and Red bull, but I have used these previously without any problem..... one was in Australia, the other Barcelona.

Cooper04 likes this.
  13. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Thanks, that helped! But it still needs to be fixed I think

CviGames likes this.
  14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you for your precious feed Basco!! I will manage to fix both bugs. The 2nd one is particoularly hateful and I thought I had succeeded in fixing it several days ago. But as you pointed out, it’s still there! Do you remember on which AI LEVEL where you playing when this happened?

I will double check on that to see if anything could have possibly changed :) When you refer to traction issues, are you referring to that “oversteer” feeling while steering, or longitudinal grip loss?

Cooper04 likes this.
  15. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    It was on medium AI level.

Cooper04 likes this.
  16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    It was actually a bit of both, I had the oversteer into a spin with the merc in the chicane at Barcelona, and in general I am finding wheelspin and grip loss pretty much everywhere at lower speeds. It’s weird because While I could feel a little oversteer at times on the previous build, it seems to be a lot more now..

Cooper04 likes this.
  17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry lots of posts tonight. Just completed a quick race at Silverstone, after I crossed the line in first, and the game took over, the car then hit the wall on the inside at turn 1, lost a wheel, and the team radio said “stop the race.....” and I was classified last, even though the wheel came off after I crossed the line in 1st place :)

18. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you, will fix that ASAP :)
    Would you mind trying a lap with camera tilt on to see if the problem persists, just for me to zero on it, if it is something related to this value, or something else coming from other parts of the code. :)
    Don't feel sorry for that :) Your help is appreciated! After all here is afternoon :D
    You would not believe it, but last night I had the same identical issue, in the same identical track :confused: In code, I disable damages detection just to avoid such situations, but it's clear I didnt debug thoroughly the whole thing :)
    I will fix this issue together with the others -I hope- within tonight.
    Another thing: for some track, in the setup scene before every quali/race session, one can tap on the track map to enlarge it, for a better view of where sectors and drag reduction systems are triggered/enabled.
    I find those mini maps quite horrible, and I would like to remove them. What you guys think about them?

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I find those mini maps quite helpful to choose what setup I’ll use. Maybe you can also add those mini maps to the races so we can see where we are on the map and where are the corners.

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Should I also try if the AI gets stuck at the second last corner at the Chinese Grand Prix on Pro AI level?

Cooper04 likes this.