iPad Airport Mania: First Flight

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordCrom, Feb 28, 2009.

1. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

#1 LordCrom, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    [​IMG] [App Store Link, $0.99]

[​IMG]

This looks like it could be a pretty fun game. Nice bright colors. Anyone played this game or heard anything about it?

2. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    #2 schooze, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    Yeah it is available on the pc and mac and you can play it online http://www.airportmania.com I've played it before and may get this if reviews are good.

3. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    gah... the cuteness is just too much :eek:

5. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer

It looks so freaking CUTE! hehe! My 3 year old niece would probably love to look at the colors.

It could be fun..who knows. I didn't know the game existed before reading your post.

6. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
  7. Lehman310

Lehman310 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I just played the mac demo for an hour until it kicked me off. I am definitely going to buy this off the app store.

8. Lehman310

Dec 14, 2008
    This game is great on the touch, its the same as if I was playing it on te computer. from what I can see all the stages are included as well.

9. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Is it a short game and does it have replay value Lehman?

10. I remember playing demo way back when didn't wanna pay the $20 for it at the time. Now it's $10. Anyway I remember reading the forums and there is a lot of strategy as far as how you choose your upgrades. Definitely a no brainer at a buck I'm getting it.

11. Lehman310

Dec 14, 2008
    #11 Lehman310, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    From what I can see there is lots of levels and I would imagine that they would get harder as the game goes on, there is 8 stages / different airports with about 6-8 levels making up each stage. Also there is a scoring system that gives you from 1 to 3 stars on each level. Worth way more than .99!

12. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Thanks to both of you. I'm going to be buying this too sometime next week. airport mania looks very cool and fun.

13. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    What kind of game is this? Time management?

14. Yes and you have to prioritize landings send them to the gate (match plane color to gate color for combo bonus a la diner dash), unload passengers, then load up the pland, gas up the plane and send er back into der sky...time management. Only playing through tutorial so far but seems pretty decent as you can queue up gate after you select landing area so as to queue em up.

15. skathir

skathir Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    OMG i was just playing this on the pc the other day and thinking it would be a perfect port for the iphone. loads of fun for those that like time mgt games.

16. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    ok for 99c gone for this one !

17. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I noticed this one yesterday as well. I remember when this came out for PC and was interested, but never bought it. When I saw it for 99 cents in the AppStore yesterday I got interested again, but wondered how well the port is for the iPhone. How are the controls?

18. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Yeah was wondering how was the port as well. Would be good if somebody does a review.

19. yonazzan

yonazzan Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Bought it after trying the Mac demo. It´s the same game as the PC/Mac one, so i suggest to try the demos and decide for yourself. (The demos links are on an earlier post)

The only differences are the arrengment of some items in the screen to allow them to be on a clearer disposition on the smaller iDevice screen, but gameplay and content are identical on all versions of the game.

Played for a couple of hours now and I must say that I love it. It´s one of the most entertaining games I´ve tried, and it´s really polished and has a very proffessional look and feel to it.

For .79€ it´s an amazing buy.

My first post, hope it´s useful and helps this great little game find it´s audience, ´cos it deserves it.

20. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I'll TOFTT and post back later tonight about it