AirHead Adam (Free) - Review and Win $10 iTunes Gift Card!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by OrionArts, Oct 14, 2011.

1. OrionArts

OrionArts Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    iPhone Games Developer
    Sunny Island
    #1 OrionArts, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  2. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    Post a review in US App Store as williams yee

3. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    Heh i'm playing this game since like a week already... i forgot to review it yet, but now i done it on the US Store as LittleZoeee:

4. OrionArts

Oct 5, 2011
    iPhone Games Developer
    Sunny Island
    Thanks William and Zoe!

We realized about the stars issue, but no worries. We are adding ways to reward players with more stars so they can have more fun.

While I am typing this msg, my team is finalizing the Halloween build. The Halloween Boss is awesome, be sure to update AirHead when it's available.

:)

5. qifan0604

qifan0604 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Post a review in US App Store as jallenearl
    Here is the review:

6. Mantisbrian

Mantisbrian Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Gamer!
    iOS City
    Reviewed on US Appstore as unknownbankai

Title: bubbleboy!

Review:

Hahaha!this game reminds me of the movie bubble boy!this game is very simple just tap to enjoy!graphics is good and the gameplay is also good!i do expect that when the halloween update comes out they will add lots of things that will make players get more addicted tonthis game :)

7. chrono7

chrono7 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Reviewed as Chronology7 at US App store

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This game was very silly at first when I tried. Then, I found myself incapable of putting my iPod down. To this point, I am still unsure why I like this game, but I do.

Airhead Adam is fairly simple to understand and control. Airhead Adam is in a bubble. Your job is to maneuver him around the galaxy by tapping the screen to boost him towards the opposite direction. Sort of like a wave effect, or in a more galactic term, an atomic boom. The wave is what pushes Adam. You guide Adam through the galaxy, collecting stars and bubbles, and avoiding meteor rocks as much as possible. There are 3 levels, easy, norm, and hard. In harder levels, aliens start to be part of the obstacles, and of course, the game becomes much harder. When you hit an obstacle, your health goes down. When you collect a bubble, your health goes up. If you hit too many obstacles, Adam’s health becomes zero, which means game over. There are some power-ups hidden inside these giant yellow rubber-like meteors. Pop it and you receive a power-up, some being extended time, another being a power boost, and much more. The purpose of collecting stars is for the shop. You can purchase different types of Adams by using the amount of stars you’ve

What I like about this game is the simplicity of the actual game, and the complexity of trying to perfect it. It is surprisingly hard to be fast and not die, and rather difficult to get every single bubble and star no matter how slow you’re going just to keep your ongoing combo. What I like the most about this game is how the screen works like Doodle Jump, where if you go too far in the left side, you end up on the right side, and vice versa. It adds more fun for me at least. I also like Adam’s faces. They’re adorable, and it gives you a little chuckle here and there. The only thing I don’t like is actually the icon. I also kind of wish there were more power-ups throughout the game and more things to buy with the stars however. Aside from that, this is a well-made game. For free, this game is at least worth checking out. You may be surprised as well if this game catches your attention. It’s fun, funny and pretty good.

4/5

-----

Posted on the US AppStore as backtothis.

Thanks for hosting the contest.

9. nazara_tech

nazara_tech Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    project manage
    India
    Here is my review.

by shk rulzzz

I like casual games and i love to play such kind of game. Simple and easy to understand.

10. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Reviewed by Reviw10 on the U.S. appstore:

This game is a really nice casual game sort of in the vein of Osmos. It has some really nice cutesy graphics that work well, but where it really stand out on its own is gameplay variety. There are a some really interesting power ups such as comet like burst and a few other that change the slower pace of the game up and offer some more intense moments. There are also many enemies such as aliens that jump on your bubble, or that are in spacecrafts that you can interact with. This is something else that changes the pace up, and offers some new adversity in an otherwise just patience game. The game has some decent content, but I would love to see more of course. The exploration mode is an excellent addition that gives unlimited replay value to those who love the style. All in all, the game is a solid casual, but I think it is a little tough when it comes to the stars. It does use a currency for stars to get power ups, and it is a little bit too hard to get enough stars, but it should get fixed in an update. It is an easy recommend though if you are looking for low price but very solid and fun game experience.

11. wolfpowpow

wolfpowpow Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This is my review.

12. thyeshin

thyeshin New Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Art looks cute; choice of fonts could have been better, though :)

13. OrionArts

Oct 5, 2011
    iPhone Games Developer
    Sunny Island
    We have our first winner.
    Chronology7

Please pm me your email so I can send you the gift card.

Thanks everyone for supporting this small indie team!
    2 more winners to go.

14. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Reviewed as Arutyun Mokoyan at US AppStore

15. chrono7

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Wow. Thanks for the contest. PM sent :)

16. Blackfire368

Blackfire368 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Reviewed as Blackfire368 in the App Store:

17. brightness

brightness Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    QA
    Reviewed as Brightness.L on US store
    a very interesting and exciting exciting game
    I really like the game characters, interface design, look cartoon, a lot of fun the game, you can click the bubble to control the use of Adam feel very good. Graphics and music are great, very suitable for the whole game style.
    Summarized, this is a a very interesting and exciting exciting game, hope produced more fun games. And continue to update the game.

18. chrono7

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Got the Gift Card.

Thanks once again :)

19. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Hours of Fun!!!

My review is for version 1.0 of Airhead Adam!

Thank you so kindly for your generosity here on toucharcade.
    I appreciate your consideration for this contest. :)

U.S. iTunes: Creepshow2000

5-Stars Review:

20. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    #20 tides, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
    http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/airhead-adam/id463434815?mt=8

posted a review as tidiii in the Singapore store..hopefuly the contest isn't open to the US store only..
    its not up yet :(

btw is writing the review all i got to do? im still playing the game >.<

itunes account - Tidiii
    i think thats it, i kinda new at this sorry >.<