Universal AirAttack 2 (by Art In Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by artingames, Dec 5, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Nice to finally get a game done correctly by my best estimation. Personally believe this should have been a $5 game, but I'm surely not complaining. Ha!
    Ps, easily in the running for GOTY. 100% my GOTW vote.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #82 sakara214ever, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    To the devs:
    Game has a problem with iCloud.
    Playing in two different devices. iPhone 5 and iPad mini 2. When i play with my iPad and vice versa the game does not upload the save in iCloud. I have to close the game reopen it wait 20 seconds and then go to my other device for the save to succesfully download.Also sometimes it uploads just a portion of my progress. Say i have won 5000 gold and 5 ingots it transfers 2000 gold and 2 ingots

3. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
  4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Well, it could be an Allied POW who escaped the prisoner camp flying a stolen Axis plane. That could be cool, please consider it! :)

5. artingames

artingames Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    Thanks for info, we will take a look at it... Sorry for your lost :(

6. artingames

May 8, 2010
    MFi support - not yet, we are working on it and we hope we will add it to the next update

7. artingames

May 8, 2010
    #87 artingames, Dec 6, 2015
    That is some badass POW, I like it...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYfnWRp1Q0

8. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I would LOVE a tail gunner mission or challenge where you just fend off wave after wave of fighters/bombers/tanks.

That tail gunner option is so freaking fun!

9. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!!! I did not lose something :)
    I only have to open two times the game for the transfer to go to iCloud! All is ok! It just takes a little longer ;)

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Gorgeous. Just now words accept that.

11. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Just seen this thread and I'm downloading it right now, based on all the good things everyone is saying about this game

12. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    #92 ShinHadoukin, Dec 6, 2015
    Ok, this game is awesome! No IAP, awesome! However, it has a rare "premium" currency & a timed opportunity to revive yourself using that premium currency.....this smells like a sneaky freemium game...!!!??? No need for that revive or ingots. I don't mind currency but the revive is ridiculous. I'm all for paying for games. I don't like freemium (b/c it changes game design) especially when I buy a game & still have freemium mechanics. Is there any promise there will be no change?

Again, I'm loving the game but I also bought it as a premium game (even if it's cheap right now).

I think revive should be removed.

Thanks

13. artingames

May 8, 2010
    #93 artingames, Dec 6, 2015
    We can give you a promise AirAttack 2 is premium game with no iAP and will stay that way!
    Ingots are very rare and valuable currency, so player has to think twice how and where to spend it.
    Revive was meant to be used rarely - e.g. last try to pass a hard boss and it is only in Campaign.
    Survival and Challenges have no revive.
    We believe our game got good difficulty balance altough not all players can pass all the levels so we want them to have ability to revive .... but it is really expensive :)

14. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Can't say why but it lacks the drive we've seen in Sky Force 2014. Maybe its pace, it's pathos music or smt else. But the game is eye candy, so not bad after all.

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I would trust artingames. They aren't going to put in IAP. The ingots are very hard to obtain but the option to revive is there for anyone who is so frustrated that can't beat that particular level/section.

Myself I'm saving every ingot for wingmen and lastly that P-40. That's where every ingot is going.

I've been stuck on level 4 because I refuse to upgrade. I'm almost to $30,000 so I can purchase my prized P-38 Lightning. Then I'm upgrading!

Btw level 4 is really cool. For anyone who hasn't gotten to that level yet.

I think the only suggestion I would have would be to lower the cost of the tail gunner. But that's just because I really really really enjoy playing that mode. I wish the devs would lower the cost. $1000 is a lot for such an amazing mode.

Billy

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    One thing I was wondering is if all the airplanes have the same "hit points" or if the higher you go, the stronger the plane?

17. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks for the response. That makes sense. You have made a spectacular game!!!!! I hope it gets the attention it deserves!

Second thought: how about an option to remove the revive opportunity? I totally understand why it's there based on your response, but I will never use it.

Regardless, great game and a great dev! Thank you for being involved!!!

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I just wish all the special abilities weren't single use and some even use premium currency. It would be better to have them drop in levels randomly and saved up / used immediately. Now i can't use the cool abilities without spending a hefty sum saved up over many games. Mostly playing using just plain old shooting and no special skills.

19. artingames

May 8, 2010
    "remove the revive"
    You mean like in game settings? So player can choose to never see revive? That can make sense, we will think about it...

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I can confidently say that that's a personal preference. Skyforce 2014 is a good game, but I'm finding AirAttack 2 way more engaging. Not to mention the lack of IAP makes for a more balanced experience IMO.