iPad Air Master 3D free

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DHrox, Feb 27, 2009.

1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
  2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I'm surprised more people haven't responded... this game is pretty great! One of the few price drop games that i haven't deleted after 30 seconds...

Quick get it while it's free!! completely full 360 movement, and you can stop on a dime if you want.. Shoot your lasers to blow up buildings, enemy ships, ufos, anything! Great targeting system and Heads Up Display

3. G0tsk1llz

G0tsk1llz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I got this game a long time ago, but what do you do after you blow everything up?

4. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yeah this game runs actually quite smooth
    get it when its free

5. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Alright peeps, this game is only going to be free, temporarily until the next update. Get it now!

6. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    I really like this game. Good controls and a variety of land/air stuff to shoot at. Can't beat a free game!:)

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    There is room for some strategy

I believe you can only take out the fighter jet launcher if you blow up the generator for the force field! Anyone else notice that? I wish i could turn faster, but i think that might be a good thing..

looking forward to a nice update!

8. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yes i believe that is the case

9. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    #9 mrWalrus, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    i concour.

This game is enjoyable. The engine is solid and the controls are some of the better ones you'll find on the iPhone.

10. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I just DL'd it I'll review it later.

11. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Waow.. im impressed! this is really fun.

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The game is... somehow fun :)

13. Shroud

Shroud Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, might as well download and give it a try. Free games are the best ones. :D

14. AlexN

AlexN Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for trying it and especially thanks to DHrox for going out of his way to actually buy it while it was $.99 and review it!

I was having pretty abysmal sales and just couldn't get people to take the plunge and try it, so I figured I'd make it free until around the next update to get the word out. In just the last day or so that it's been free, I've gotten a lot of positive feedback mixed with good suggestions.

I've got a big update planned for around mid-March, and the more feedback I get the better. If you guys have any suggestions, it'd be incredibly valuable to me - most of what I'll be putting into the update has come from player feedback so far.

So, tell me what you think: Graphics, sound, gameplay, options, levels, controls, framerate?

Again, thanks a lot to DHrox, TouchArcade, and everyone else who's responded both in this thread and the other! This seems to be the first place that's found my game, and it means a lot to me.

15. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Graphics and framerate are darn good for an iPod game. Sound is decent, although there is no music (I think). There are a number of levels to fly though once you beat them, not much replayability. However, the levels still are fun. Gameplay is a nice balance between arcade and sim. The virtual throttle is a really nice touch that I loved. The controls are pretty darn polished as well. As far as improvements go, music would be cool as well as more enemy types. It's still a fun game as is.

NOTE: I think your title might get the this-game-is-lame condemnation of gamers. I was wondering how anyone would notice the title Airmaster 3D in a sea of games with names like Space Rage, Zone Warrior, etc. Okay, so maybe those titles are crappy too, but many gamers might be turned off by the name. IDK, it just seems that way.

16. LesPaul

LesPaul Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    yeah i really liked this too and was thinking about starting a forum on it as well :). An update is coming soon which will hopefully have slightly smoother controls, highscores, and pausing lol!

17. AlexN

AlexN Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was trying to do something different from the other crappy names floating around, and I think I just ended up with my own version of a crappy title. Well, at least I can find it easily on google.

I'll look into finding some music. On a related note, I've noticed that the engine sound effect is impossible to hear on my iPod touch unless I plug in headphones... is this a common issue with games on the iPod 2nd gen?

What's everyone's opinion on the graphics style of the enemies and special effects? Too retro/simple or just right? I personally like the way it looks, but I've had a few comments that it seems outdated.

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I download AM for free so I have no right to make requests, just curious if I missed the tilt calibration, if there is none, future plans? Fun game overall thanks.

Btw, am working on an iTunes review:)

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I think the game realy needs a menu and a loading screen.

20. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    #20 Spartan12103, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    I agree with the game having a menu, with options and such, which would be helpful. The game is quite enjoyable, and another suggestion I have is to change the app icon to something more appealing. Gameplay is smooth, but I think there should be actual crashes and maybe different weapon types. Calibration is needed too.