iPad Air Cadets or Armageddon Squadron?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Dec 10, 2008.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This is hypothetical, I'd really just like any info on either game. Gameplay video would be awesome. Let's be honest it don't have to be either or it's Christmas ftw.:D

2. Only found a couple of YouTube vids of AS. Nothing on AC. Here's the vids-

3. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks yuthe

4. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Don't you ever sleep, you are probably on here as much as I.

5. Haha! Well, it's 11pm here in the UK now and my wife and kid have been asleep for ages. I am always the last one to go to bed (around midnight normally), then when I get up at 7pm, the Macbook is the first thing I turn on when I get downstairs. Then when I get to work, it's the first thing I put on there too, and it's on all day till I leave at 4pm, then back on when I get home for the evening. The wife has her phone, I have my Macbook.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Addiction, probably not; obsession, damn straight!

7. Or just plain sad? Hehe.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA

Arn you guys tried Armageddon Squadron, looks kick-ass?

9. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Air Cadets is pretty weak. Blake and I made some comments in another thread somewhere. controls are awkward for a flying game.

10. Slide To Play have just reviewed Armageddon Squadron here. Doesn't sound too good.

11. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Both titles sound very week. Going to have to wait to get a flight combat game. Unless Flying Aces is any good? Anyone tried that?

12. Looks like I'm giving this whole genre a miss until something decent comes out.
    Rich_952000 bought Flying Aces. Click here to go to that games thread, you can read about it there. Unfortunately the gameplay is pure dogfighting and not mission-based.

13. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    cadets is a weak POS. seems like a poor port of a poor cellphone game. worst $5 game purchase (and I've made some bad ones...)

armageddon squad, on the other hand, I found enjoyable, if not earth-shattering, it is still fun, maybe 3.5/5, worth it if you like that sort of game

14. rIcHrAnDoM

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thank to all. Looks like you helped me dodge a bullet. That review is the opposite of the appstore reviews

15. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    You can get Dropship and pretend it's a WWII game ^_^

16. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Thanks for that. I'll check it out now.

17. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    The game is okay. The missions are interesting and it plays nice, but, for reasons I'll never understand, it has the absolute worst audio of any game every made since the NES was around. The graphics are no where near what they could be as well. If you turn the sound off, the whole game is much better.:rolleyes:

They're promising online multiplayer, that's why I got it. After seeing NOBODY playing Wave Blazer online, I'm not getting my hopes up. If the multiplayer community work out, this will be a really fun game.

18. Armageddon Squadron has had a price drop to $1.99/£1.19 if anyone's interested.

19. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA